This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Hi,

I am planning to buy a dish + LNBF for a motorized setup and searched the forums about some information about it.

Is anyone using the Fortec Star 32" (80 cm) antenna with the SG2100 motor?

I looked at the technical features for the "Fortec Star Universal Single Ku LNBF" and I think it is very good (0.4 dB of Noise Figure). Is anyone using this LNB with the Winegard antenna? Does the antenna provide a way to hold this LNB?

Thanks

RJB

Just curious, why did you mark this thread "thumbs down" ? I even see the words "and I think it is very good" in your post.

I am sure the Winegard dish holds any regular Ku band LNB shape I think its 40 mm neck size for the LNB. So any LNB with a 40mm neck will work.

The Dish shuold be able to hold any LNBF

I had to put a DirectTv LNBF (for ExpressVu) and I had to wrap duct tape around the neck of the LNB to get it to hold

PSB said:
I am sure the Winegard dish holds any regular Ku band LNB shape I think its 40 mm neck size for the LNB. So any LNB with a 40mm neck will work.

The Winegard you sent me had 2 universal mounts and 3 additional inserts for a total of 5 different LNB mounting options.

Thanks Mark, forgot about that, they will hold just about any LNB even DirecTV and I have even broken apart the shell of a few Dishnetwork single LNB and they hold them too, I have a load of them anyway and they are still water tight : )

TuxCoder said:
Just curious, why did you mark this thread "thumbs down" ? I even see the words "and I think it is very good" in your post.

I thought it was a question mark symbol (?). Next time I will double check before submitting the post.

Thanks

Thanks everybody for your quick responses.

What about the Fortec Star 32" (80 cm) antenna? Is anyone using it?

Thanks

RJB

Topical tip of the day!

Don't over tighten your reflector to the satellite mount as it can pull it WAY out of shape, just over hand tight and no more helps maintain the precision shape of the reflector!

PSB said:
Topical tip of the day!

Don't over tighten your reflector to the satellite mount as it can pull it WAY out of shape, just over hand tight and no more helps maintain the precision shape of the reflector!

learned that the hard way

My problem is I keep having to relearn it, I used to work in Mechanical Engineering so I TIGHTEN things up! May be I will remember now! I keep thinking I am being light handed but as I said hand tight and a quarter turn and thats it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.