New Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
I am finally suppose to get DirecTV installed tomorrow. I am getting 2 DirecTV HD DVR's. The coax and ethernet is already ran and marked. The places were the DVR's go are ready for the boxes to be set in place all cables are already there. I know this is a stupid question but is there anything I need to know to be ready for the installer tomorrow?

There are at least two outlets at each location but both of the rooms the DVR's are going in have four outlets. The cable I ran is dual shielded RG6 swept up to 2.25Ghz.

Well, the installer called me this morning and told me he was going to be late, which isn't a problem. The best part is the equipment order got screwed up some how. The guy asked me if I was going to need a dish. I thought he was joking at first. I was like yeah, a dish would probably help with the install. Sounds like this is going to be fun.

One quick question, I am suppose to be getting three receivers. Two HD DVR's and one standard. Since all the cabling is already ran and I know where everything needs to go. It would be easier if the installer let me hook up the receivers while he installed the dish. Is it against their policy to let customers hook up the recievers?

Well, the installer called me this morning and told me he was going to be late, which isn't a problem. The best part is the equipment order got screwed up some how. The guy asked me if I was going to need a dish. I thought he was joking at first. I was like yeah, a dish would probably help with the install. Sounds like this is going to be fun.

One quick question, I am suppose to be getting three receivers. Two HD DVR's and one standard. Since all the cabling is already ran and I know where everything needs to go. It would be easier if the installer let me hook up the receivers while he installed the dish. Is it against their policy to let customers hook up the recievers?
I dont think so I installed my recievers when they were working on the dish made it go much quicker.

The installers were great. Came with everything I needed and were great to talk to. Also sighted the dish in very well. Almost every transponder is hitting 100.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts