new installer wanting info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

keeletronix

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Texico, Il
Well my retailer has done went to dtv. I have been doing dishnetwork for him for a long time. Prior to that i did dtv installs in the time when they where converting primestar. The question I have is does dtv require any special certification to do installs? Also does anybody have any place besides the dtv retailer site to get info on installations and activations? This retailer is very lacking in the info department. He expects me to just go out and install the system when neither of us knows anything about the systyem.:rolleyes: Any help would be greatly welcomed. Maybe knowing something might make the customer feel like he is getting something with quality. :eureka

You might have better and faster replies if this was posted in the installer area instead of the end user DirecTV area. My GUESS is that they don't, but they SHOULD. Good luck.

The cert for directv is SBCA. I installed the systems for almost two years up until a few months ago. If your retailer or boss has a legit work order from directv or the customer is already in the DTV's system then you won't have a problem activating. You do not need to be certified to install the system. The installs are not much different than DN but I suggest you get a Birdog Satellite meter to make your job a lot easier. Activation is a simple as calling up the activation line and giving a few items of info such as the customers account number and receiver info.

Forget the certification. The SBCA thing just drifted away. I was told to get certified or else. Everybody in the class had been doing DTV longer that I and just was pushed to pay the money. The text book was crap. Just write a check!

This site and the installer site are good. There are info sites like solid signal.com and the DTV web site has a manual download section.

If you did DISH installs DTV will be ez.

Good luck,
Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts