New IO Customer - need help

3ebMetsJets

Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I just got my IO digital service installed this weekend. I lived in Queens and was a Time Warner customer and i have just moved to nassau and had to go with Cablevision. I ordered the triple play and I just have a few comments and i would greatly appreciate any response

1) The Cablevisions interface is very inferior to time warners.. for example, the TV guide text looks like it is from an Atari game.

2) When I click guide, it takes a solid 2 seconds for the screen to pop up.. it is no problem, i am just used to the instantaneous pop-up with TWC... when i spoke to a technician, he said that the TWC boxes have more memory than the CAblevision boxes - is there anyway i can upgrade this?

3) i am extremely disappointed with the HD service.. its not cablevisions fault.. but i bought the 42 inch sony LCD Wega TV... and from what i was told, all HD channels will be in full screen... but i tried to watch the Mets gamne in HD last night and it wasnt in full screen.. the technician said it is how the game is broadcasted... i was under the impression that all HD is full screen...

4) the tech also installed 2 options for me.. channel 3 and input # 5 - when i want to watch HD i should goto input 5 and when i want to watch normal, full screen TV, i should goto channel 3

its only been a few days and i am sure i still need to learn a lot.... its just the growing pains i guess..

i appreciate you taking the time to read this novel i just wrote, lol.. and thanks for any help

-John

3ebMetsJets said:
3) i am extremely disappointed with the HD service.. its not cablevisions fault.. but i bought the 42 inch sony LCD Wega TV... and from what i was told, all HD channels will be in full screen... but i tried to watch the Mets gamne in HD last night and it wasnt in full screen.. the technician said it is how the game is broadcasted... i was under the impression that all HD is full screen...

Not everything transmitted on an HD channel is in HD.

John,

welcome to the board... Only the Home Mets games are transmitted in HD. I believe they were playing in LA last night so the game was not HD.

Sounds like you need a little help with your HD setup there. Also, as the others pointed out, all HD is not equal. HD channels frequently broadcast non-HD (or SD) information. Prime example would be commercials. Check out ESPN HD and you'll notice the commercials ALWAYS have side bars (those crappy ESPN sidebars but that's another discussion). Unfortunately, that's the way it is these days. Maybe, some day in the future, this will not be so.... :)

Also, not sure why you're using two separate inputs. You should just have your set connected via component cables (at least). You'll still be able to view SD programming as well as HD programming without needing to switch inputs on your set.

Hope this helps?

The Rickster

GadgetRick said:
Also, not sure why you're using two separate inputs. You should just have your set connected via component cables (at least). You'll still be able to view SD programming as well as HD programming without needing to switch inputs on your set.

Well, on my TV the SD stuff looks better if the TV handles any stretching and upconversion, that may be needed, better through its SVideo ports than through its Component ports. So that's why I use both connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)