New iPad 2 sales estimates

I think this writer from Rethink Wireless needs to go back to school and study English! But he is just the messenger. As for Apple sales estimates, all I see locally is everyone sold out and only inventory left here is what they claim will be in tomorrow's shipment.

I went to Apple store today and did get the hdmi adapter and they had plenty in stock while all the Best Buys I tried were sold out. As usual our Apple store was packed with people mid day. Good news was they had about 30 employees and I got service immediately and was out of there in less than 5 minutes.

On the negative side Apple got hammered today when analyst claimed that while the ipad2 and other Apple products are assembled in China, the parts are made in Japan. I don't know if that is true but he claimed the supply for Apple products are cut so they lowered estimates for the future sales and production. This triggered a 4.45% roll back in the stock. Officially, all I heard from Apple's side was that they will delay sales introduction of the iPAD2 in Japan as it was initially scheduled to begin March 25th.

Been doing some more reading on this Japan supply issue too. Seems the ipad2 is using one component from Japan's Toshiba plant for flash memory. The other source is from Samsung which is in Korea. Of course, now Samsung is in direct competition with Apple so this could be interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)