New iPad mini 3 and iPad Air 2

The new iPad air 2 looks nice being thinner, touch ID and the anti reflective coating. I will want to see reviews of that coating. I am not ready to upgrade yet, but that coating is tempting.

The new iPad air 2 looks nice being thinner, touch ID and the anti reflective coating. I will want to see reviews of that coating. I am not ready to upgrade yet, but that coating is tempting.

I wonder if these will be bendable as easy as the iPhone 6 units.

In their quest for thinness it seems as though they are on the verge of structural failure.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I wonder if these will be bendable as easy as the iPhone 6 units.

In their quest for thinness it seems as though they are on the verge of structural failure.

Did you miss the tests done by Consumer Reports? iPhone is no more bendable than the rest of the crowd.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: rockymtnhigh
Did you miss the tests done by Consumer Reports? iPhone is no more bendable than the rest of the crowd.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

That depends upon the definition.

The proclaimed build quality would stack up best in the tests but they didn't. In fact, the 6 was at the lower end at 70 ft/lbs so yeah, I read the report.

The 6+ did better. The note 3 did best.

After watching the guy bend the iPhone 6 and his thumbs about to explode (check the purple thumbs)
I'm not not worried.
As long as I don't try the same experiment I'm good to go.

I have intentionally avoided looking at the specs of an of the new devices. I put in for a research award at the university, IF I get it, I will look, since I'll have "operating expenses" to spend, but until then, my old iPad 3 will have to suffice.

I have zero fears of bending my iPhone 6. My son's has he otter box commuter on it, and I am shocked by how light his phone is, even with all that protection.