New iphones for Fall 2018 Rumors and facts

Over on 9to5Mac they dropped some images of the new ?Watch Series 4 and the iPhone Xs:
apple_watch_series_4_9to5mac.jpg

IPHONE-XS.jpg

Based on all the rumors, I plan to definitely get the 6.5 model and had budgeted enough for a 256GB version. But this latest info suggested a 512GB model. I don't see the need for that much storage. On my current 6+ I have 128GB and still only store about 100GB in use. I just don't shoot that much video with the phone to justify the added storage. My 6+ storage is mostly audio books library. Maybe if the new iphone is really superior with the telephoto lens and inage stabilization, I would shoot more 4K with it and justify the storage. I have a budget of $1500 with a couple accessories, like the ipencil.

We'll all find out for sure what Apple is thinking in 12 days. Mind you I said thinking as rumors are that some models won't be immediately available.

Mind you I said thinking as rumors are that some models won't be immediately available.
Right now everyone is saying the LCD model ran into production problems with light leakage and will be delayed until November, but the other models will be out in September. I have several friends who play to get the 6.5 model with 128Gb so that seems to be the one with the most demand.

I always trust your opinion so what do you think about storage decision?

The rumor about LG's OLED screens turning blue as they age- based on that would Apple care be advisable and would Apple cover a blue screen under Apple care? I have not been in the habit of buying Apple Care because I always obsolete a phone before damaging it.

A certain billionaire once said that 640K of RAM was plenty and now look what's required as a practical minimum (8GB?).

Because Apple devices aren't reasonably expandable, you're not always within reach of iCloud and even stills take up gigabytes of storage (since Apple didn't see fit to allow you to limit the resolution you shoot at), you can't overestimate the need for storage.

The problem most recently was that Apple seemed to be shooting around the target (128GB and 512GB when 256GB was perhaps ideal).

How much storage you need is based on how disciplined you are and how long you spend out of touch with Wi-fi. Whether Apple offers what you need versus having to step way up is one of the joys of the ecosystem.

Another YT video, there are plenty this year, leaking that the pencil will not be coming for the iphoneX However one settlement was a leaked actual iphone shows the name will be the Xs and come in Gold, Silver, and White. The single radio for all carriers is now confirmed with space for twin SIM cards, two phone numbers. I wonder if this will help people who have to use a company number separate from a personal number.

On Ram, I will probably spring for the 512 because I see more use of shooting video with the iphone. We'll see, but for me the camera for my productions is not the key draw right now. I do carry my Sony Xperia on trips because it shoots and displays 4K. On my last trip I filled 3 64GB micro SD cards with 4K video. If the new iphoneXs is as good or better than the Sony, I may just leave it home.

So, the prices on these new phones - the Xs and XsMAX are in the stratosphere. A 256GB model cost as much as the baseline MacBook Pro.

A 256GB model cost as much as the baseline MacBook Pro.
But the MacBook Pro won't slip into your pocket... ;) Of course, the iPhone XS Max with 512 GB is $1,449, if you really want to get outraged by a ridiculous price. I suppose that SKU is only for the people who bought the fully tricked out MacBook Pro with 4 TB of SSD, 64 GB RAM, etc.

But the MacBook Pro won't slip into your pocket... ;) Of course, the iPhone XS Max with 512 GB is $1,449, if you really want to get outraged by a ridiculous price. I suppose that SKU is only for the people who bought the fully tricked out MacBook Pro with 4 TB of SSD, 64 GB RAM, etc.

The MacBook Pro is also less likely to slip out of your hand and crash into the floor, shattering, Mashable had it right, the Xs is Xs-Ive.

The Xr on the other hand, truly might be the default phone for most people. If it had the dual rear camera I’d jump on it, using the trade in if the 8plus. But it doesn’t, and I really like the 2x optical zoom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts