New iphones for Fall 2018 Rumors and facts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have an 8 plus and I’m not upgrading to the new iPhone . I don’t like that notch on the center of the screen. They need to find a way to lessen that. Samsung did . I pay .99 a month for 50gb of iCloud storage. Thankfully I don’t have 200gb worth I need to backup or I’d be paying a lot more .

Tim Cook actually said he doesn’t think the iPhones are getting expensive. He did make a good point in saying it’s replaced cameras and camcorders, music players etc.... but the average consumer can only afford them on these leasing deals .

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Courtesy of 9to5MAC
Video:
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus were the first to offer 4K at 30 fps. iPhone 7 and 7 Plus offer the same, while iPhone 8/8Plus and iPhone X brought 4K at 24 fps, 30 fps, and 60 fps. iPhone Xs, Xs Max, and Xr all offer the same 4K support as iPhone 8 and X.

My 6+ shoots 1080p 30 and 60 fps plus 720p60 and slomo. No 4K.

The SE has a faster processor than the 6+ as well as the 5s. It's the one my wife has and came out with the same processor as the 6s. But has a 12mpixel camera, same as the 8. It shoots visibly better pictures than my 6+ which is only 8mpixel. For a small smart iphone it is actually quite good just too small for me.

I have to have a larger screen because of my vision and how I use it for video.

Last edited:
My iphone Xs Max is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow by UPS. I have tracking number. :)

It was shipped direct from ZhengZhou, China on the 17th.

Reactions: Foxbat
I would be curious to know exactly what the CEO of a trillion-dollar company considers to be expensive. I'm guessing not much.

Yeah, pretty much. I realized that my son's iPhone 7 cost $750, they've gone up $150 just for the lowest model, and the idea of a $1400 phone, is out of control. Given that the people who buy those, also buy new phones every year, so it is the full cost of the phone being sold 2 years ago, in one year, for the monthly payment.

I replaced the iPhone 6 I was using for the last 3-1/2 years with the newly-discounted iPhone 8, saving $150 off the price before the September Event. If I can get 3 or 4 years from this iPhone, I'll be happy.

I showed my wife navychop's post about his final costs after buying the iPhone XS Max and said, "See? I saved over $1,000 on my new iPhone 8, and I got the Product Red I wanted." :D

Reactions: navychop
Got an iPhone Xs Max, 64Gb in Space Gray this morning at Verizon. 15 minutes in and out of the store, couldn't ask for anything quicker. 64Gb is plenty for me as I am only using about 25Gb on the previous phone. Very few videos or pictures, mostly books and music.

Got it all setup just fine with iCloud restore to this new phone. Took less than an hour to get it all loaded in and setup. Got the profile for iOS 12 beta and got that loaded in also. Oddly that changed the connection to my AW3, just lost it completely and wouldn't pair. Had to do a total reset on the watch and then things were fine.

Fiddled with the cameras a bit, very nice and slick to use. Listened to some music a little and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and the stereo works better than I thought it would. FaceID works just slick as hell, almost no lag at all, works as well for logging into sites too. The gestures take almost no time to get used to.

The screen is absolutely beautiful! Had to adjust the brightness and color temp a little to my liking, but other than that you can't beat it. Reading books on it is nice and useable. I was a bit concerned about that as I read a lot on various devices. Speed is noticeably better than my 7+ with iOS 12 too, so overall a nice improvement to the 7+.

Would have gotten an Apple Watch 4 GPS if BestBuy had stock, but the website doesn't show any locally and the local store will not give stock info with a phone call and it is just far enough away I don't want to take a chance on them having any. Nowhere else locally has stock either. Not sure if Verizon even has local stock and they don't sell the non-cellular versions anyway.

Made the jump from 8 plus to XS. Same deal, 64GB. Have about 25GB in use. 27k photos are all in the cloud.

Some frustrating things, like the dead space in the keyboard, and the fact that you have actualluy less screen space than on an 8 plus using the X or XS.

IMG_0781.jpeg

The narrow screen really impacts the usability for things with a keyboard. And that damn empty space, where a virtual home button could go. LOL . I know this is not new for anyone who went from a 6 or 7 plus to an X, but wow, it is more than a little frustrating to experience.

I might end up regretting not getting the XS max.

The camera is quite good. I'm impressed so far with it.

Not missing the Home button because it is replaced with that line to remind to swipe up.

I think you are one of the few who went smaller on size. 6+ to XsMax is bigger but not by much on width.

I'm still getting used to bringing up other apps such as messages to get security codes while accessing the app calling for it.

I guess Samsung were the only ones brave (or foolish?) enough to make a "9" device. Although Apple did have iOS 9, harshness, so it's just the iPhone (so far) that skipped "9" for "X".

I liked the iFixit tear-down on the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max which said that Creative Electron still uses "Ex"-Rays, not "ten"-Rays to produce their inside looks:
gnjGTffankgehqFL.large.jpeg

(that's the iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max, respectively)​

The LiIon design of the XS uses a notch (of course!) to manage the thermal expansion (that's the theory) in the "L" (50?) shaped battery.

Not missing the Home button because it is replaced with that line to remind to swipe up.

I think you are one of the few who went smaller on size. 6+ to XsMax is bigger but not by much on width.

I'm still getting used to bringing up other apps such as messages to get security codes while accessing the app calling for it.

Cost, decision on Xs was entirely driven by cost. In runnng normal apps, the reality is the screen real estate is similar the 8 plus. Keyboard is annoying, but I’ll adapt, Face ID is hundred times better than I expected and it works at night too. I also miss control panel not swiping up from the bottom. Again, relearning stuff.

In runnng normal apps, the reality is the screen real estate is similar the 8 plus.

The diagonal of the 8+ is 5.5 inches, the XS is 5.8 inches(minus the notch). The XS Max is 6.5 diagonal inches (minus the notch). Some apps benefit by this such as web browsers in horizontal mode and scope video that is 2.39 AR. 16x9 AR HD video is the same as the height is limited by the screen width.

I found my use of Remote Desktop on the XS Max quite manageable even with monitoring a two monitor Desktop on the extra real estate vs my old 6+ screen.

Again, relearning stuff.

Tell me about it! I've spent all weekend in school. :(
There is so much more that is new when it comes to where things are. And the biggest issue was the restore did not really restore everything. I had my entire library of audible books from two clouds downloaded to my 6+ and the restore didn't move any of them. I had to download again everything one at a time. The Apple Pay had to be reloaded. 4 CC was pretty easy but my BJ's card required I get interviewed by a bank CSR before they would approve the new install of their CC to my XS Max and then again onto the Apple watch. That process took 45 minutes. No Passwords were restored and I have to launch each app and re-enter the PW and UID.

Next, I'm in a learning curve on charging the phone from a power bank that will carry easily with the new phone. Specifications are horrible on these. I have one I should send back now because it doesn't fit in the case. Thickness was listed as 0.31" but the truth is it is 0.87 thick. And the top is rounded so the phone slides off.

I will say the battery life on my XSMAX is very good. I fully charged it up overnight from 20% to 100% with the wireless stand. After 4 hours this morning of on time it is only down to 96%.

I really love not having that Home Button. Face ID is much faster and easier to use than I thought it would be, especially with apps that used to require finger print scan. The apps just launch now yet refuse to launch when my wife tries. There is a process you can set up a secondary Face ID I want to test out later. That way my wife can access the XSMAX if I'm not around.

Yeah, noticed that none of my books and music actually restored to the new phone, just showed the various libraries. Passwords were hit or miss. On many apps they were there and worked fine, on others not so much.

Haven’t fiddled with the animojiis or done much with watch faces either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)