New iphones for Fall 2018 Rumors and facts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have both Apple and android and my biggest complaint with the android phone is the constant updating of the apps, anywhere from at least three to 12 a day.
Apple isn't quite as bad but it does in my opinion have too many app updates also.

With the possible exception of heart monitoring, there are Android phones that do at least one thing the iPhone can do better (outside of running iOS apps) whether what's important to you is the battery life, the camera, connectivity or expandability. The Pixel 3 arguably has multiple features that clearly surpass the best iPhone offering. The Xperia is quite a nice piece and you can never count out LG.

Odd you would mention battery life as my experience with Android phones is that the battery life was terrible, especially if I made heavy use of a gps app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have both Apple and android and my biggest complaint with the android phone is the constant updating of the apps, anywhere from at least three to 12 a day.
Apple isn't quite as bad but it does in my opinion have too many app updates also.

I don't know about that although the XS Max now seems to need less apps updates as I had with the 6+. It seems that I had updates 15-25 every week with the 6+. Whoops, having said that I recall I put the new XS Max on auto update so maybe it still has them but they are behind the scenes and I haven't noticed.

This afternoon a good friend from another forum and I were comparing image quality for the low end HMD and how our phones were working. His S8+ has a higher resolution than my XS Max and is also a OLED screen yet he complains that the image quality is not what it should be. I actually believe my XS Max now has a better image quality than the Sony with the HMD viewing YT VR180. I think the HDR and color saturation seems superior to the Sony but the Sony with LCD 4K screen while equal on noticeable screen door artifact in the HMD the color and contrast and detail in the shadows and lighting is really great. He was planning to look into whether his S8 had something set wrong. If you S8 owners have any ideas I'd welcome them.

A good test is the back camera in the audience view, I can see the detail on the large screen ipads and laptops open in the audience on my XS Max in the HMD and they are blown out on the Sony with the higher res screen.

Odd you would mention battery life as my experience with Android phones is that the battery life was terrible, especially if I made heavy use of a gps app.
If your experience is more than a couple of product or OS release cycles old, it is arguably no longer valid. The full charge times on the XS are running over three hours (195 minutes) while the S9 can wirelessly charge in 150 minutes so that's another metric to consider.

Given the stagger between iPhone and Galaxy product lines, much leap-frogging should be expected.

If your experience is more than a couple of product or OS release cycles old, it is arguably no longer valid. The full charge times on the XS are running over three hours (195 minutes) while the S9 can wirelessly charge in 150 minutes so that's another metric to consider.

Given the stagger between iPhone and Galaxy product lines, much leap-frogging should be expected.

I don’t give any weight to how long it takes to charge devices as all of the ones I have will work all day and into the night. Plug them in, go to bed and they are ready for the next day.

Using a golf gps app is a pretty big drain though it isn’t quite as much as] issue as it used to be. A few models ago I needed to ensure a full charge on my phone to get through 18 holes and still have useful battery time left. The android phones would be more discharged than my iphones.

These days not so much, especially on the bigger phones. My current Xs Max uses about 20% after 18 holes, my Moto Z3 closer to 30%. The AW4 uses about 40% or a shade over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: navychop
Charge times I have done are 20% to 90% range for the XS Max:

1. supplied standard iphone power pack: 180 minutes ( to go to 100% )
2. Anker wireless charging stand: 80 minutes using 10watt power pack
3. Angeli wireless battery pack 100 minutes
4. Angeli wireless battery pack connected with USB QC2.0 50 minutes
5. iclever 29 watt power pack USB C to Lightning 30 minutes

Other observations:
The charging rate slows down to similar to the small iphone powerpack to go from 80-100%
My warning to charge up comes on at 20%. The iclever power pack goes to low rate LED green(High Rate) to Blue(Low rate) as the iphone hits 80%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts