New issues, not sure if it is software or hardware related.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
The other day (maybe 4-5 days ago) when turning on the Joey 3 in the master bedroom I started getting the 0 of 0 tuners available tuner screen, followed by "Broadband connection has been lost" ( don't remember what error number it was). If I go to the guide from there, I am able to choose a channel and it will go to live tv with no receiver reset necessary. This has happened 3 or 4 times this week, I have not had to restart or reset the Hopper 3 to get to live tv (yet).

I did change the cable modem from a rented ARRIS model to a new, owned NetGear Nighthawk modem (about 3 weeks ago). As with the ARRIS modem I have reserved IP addresses for all the Dish equipment so that HDCP is not an issue. The Hopper 3 is connected by Ethernet, not wifi and the Joey 3 was hardwired with coax by the installer. I have 2 Wireless Joey's in other bedrooms that I do not watch so I am unaware if there are any issues with the WAP or WJ's but have not heard any complaints from stepsons. When I check on the router the IP addresses of the equipment have not changed so not sure if it is modem related or not. I am not sure if the issue started around the time I changed the modem, but definitely started recently.

Another issue that I have noticed recently, when using the skip ahead/skip back buttons, sometimes the audio stutters when it starts playing after a 30 second skip or 10 second skip back, skipping one more time returns the audio to normal. Anybody else noticed this issue? Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.

Hello, olds403. the "0 of 0" tuners points to an issue with either the MoCA connection between the Hopper and Joey or a software issue. The "Broadband connection has been lost" messages also sometimes point to an issue with the MoCA connection or the Joey's connection to the Internet. As you are getting both of these messages, it might mean that the issue may indeed be the MoCA connection between Hopper/Joey. To further assist with these errors, please Chat in with us online at MyDISH. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.

Reactions: HipKat
The other day (maybe 4-5 days ago) when turning on the Joey 3 in the master bedroom I started getting the 0 of 0 tuners available tuner screen, followed by "Broadband connection has been lost" ( don't remember what error number it was). If I go to the guide from there, I am able to choose a channel and it will go to live tv with no receiver reset necessary. This has happened 3 or 4 times this week, I have not had to restart or reset the Hopper 3 to get to live tv (yet).

I did change the cable modem from a rented ARRIS model to a new, owned NetGear Nighthawk modem (about 3 weeks ago). As with the ARRIS modem I have reserved IP addresses for all the Dish equipment so that HDCP is not an issue. The Hopper 3 is connected by Ethernet, not wifi and the Joey 3 was hardwired with coax by the installer. I have 2 Wireless Joey's in other bedrooms that I do not watch so I am unaware if there are any issues with the WAP or WJ's but have not heard any complaints from stepsons. When I check on the router the IP addresses of the equipment have not changed so not sure if it is modem related or not. I am not sure if the issue started around the time I changed the modem, but definitely started recently.

Another issue that I have noticed recently, when using the skip ahead/skip back buttons, sometimes the audio stutters when it starts playing after a 30 second skip or 10 second skip back, skipping one more time returns the audio to normal. Anybody else noticed this issue? Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.
Dish Support is correct in this case - the broadband message is misleading. It's a Moca issue, probably in the cabling/connectors/componenets.

Reactions: TheKrell
Had similar problem on a bedroom Joey before and it was because the coax barrel was only hand tight. Got a small wrench and tightened it up properly. No issues since.

Had similar problem on a bedroom Joey before and it was because the coax barrel was only hand tight. Got a small wrench and tightened it up properly. No issues since.
It seems to be intermittent, I will take a look at some of the connectors and see. It did not happen all weekend, but happened 3 times last week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)