new LCD, with old DTV receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pfeff

Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
just got a samsung 46" and i still have the old style RCA DRD435RH receiver, i also have the local time warner package for the local channels. i have a coax/dbs combiner in the bsmt and a diplexer (used to be for my terk antenna) splitting/feeding my receiver. The picture is terrible on the nice new samsung, and i am wondering which (or which couple) things i should change first. i know i should get a new receiver, a friend has a H10 he'll let me use, but i belive these won't be good for long (?) once the 2/09 switch is made. Any suggestions would be appreciated, i'm new to HD. thanks

Congrats on your HD purchase.
Yes, you will want to go to the newer HD rec's. when you can.

Make sure you have NO SPLITTERS between the dish and the rec. first, then see what you have on your TV screen.
I would suggest running a line directly from the dish to the rec to make sure all is working ...

Also, if you have the D* picture and it looks snowy or whatever, check your connections, make sure they are on good, you should use compression fittings if you have the option.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)