New line under programming online account

It is a 3 year price lock, but only a 2 year commitment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
So after two years you can quit DISH and leave with no outgoing penalty payments for the months left in your contract? I would be interested to see the fine print on that deal.

So after two years you can quit DISH and leave with no outgoing penalty payments for the months left in your contract? I would be interested to see the fine print on that deal.

After 2 years there are no months left in the contract. The contract is for 24 months.

The 3 Year Price Guarantee DOES NOT include DVR. If you want DVR with the 3 Year Price Guarantee you pay extra for it. Just wanted to be clear. :)

Also, I extremely doubt DISH will start charging a first receiver fee anytime soon. In fact they have been advertising that they have NO first receiver fee.
Ok. I just read the line under the bottom of the promotion and it does say DVR fee 10.00 and hopper 15.00 more and additional receiver fee starting at $7.00 mo.more. Also says no "hidden" fees , FREE Hd, local channels and regional sports. Requires 24 month commitment with early termination fee and E auto pay. So they are still charging the dvr fee if you want the dvr or the hopper. So I see what you are saying. I guess the "hidden" fees were not what I first thought . That is just code language for the competition's supposed practices. Well, I stand corrected on the Price lock deal and the dvr fees.

Thanks JSheridan.

I see the new First Receiver Fee $0 as a replacement for HD Free For Life, which I think Dish is phasing out. After all, what happens when all the SD feeds finally go away? Nobody would be paying anything for their base package. Unless Dish wants to become a charity, they need to find a new way to market the HD feeds before the SD feeds go away. Also, I think it is annoying to have multiple line items on the bill that say $0.

Supposedly they put the $00 line on there to bring to your attention that you aren't being charged for something, that they could charge you for. Make you feel like you got something of value for nothing , a perk so to speak. It's either reverse psychology or they are getting ready to charge us for it some time in the not so distant future.

I still think Dish is getting ready to eliminate the line for HD Free For Life, and they are hoping that, by adding this new $0 line, nobody will notice or complain. People will just think that the name of the fee changed.