New LNB coming for Eastern Arc?

A brilliant idea - especially for al the folks that want international channels but have no visibiity of the crappy FSS satellite signal levels at 118 (as in extreme Northeast US)

because Dish would rather tie up CONUS bandwidth with HD locals that only a small part of the US (the affected market) can legally view

it is for 1.2 dish no inputs for wing dishes, ony two outputs, so 44 switches for 6 tuners how can that be cost effective? how about some common sense sitting behind those desks for once?

it is for 1.2 dish no inputs for wing dishes, ony two outputs, so 44 switches for 6 tuners how can that be cost effective? how about some common sense sitting behind those desks for once?

I believe you could use a 33 for 6 tuners, but you're right on about the desk jockeys.

The 1000.2 has three "eyes" built in. So is this a 1000.2 lnb look a like with just two "eyes"? Heck, couldn't a person take a 1000.2 lnb and a 1000.2 dish and set it up to receive 61.5/72? Two of the "eyes" would pickup two of the three sats. Maybe they need an lnb where the lnb's slide side to side to adjust to the different spacing of the WA and EA. This makes too much sense so it will never happen.

InHouse said:

I was told that if 3 receivers then the .4 dish and LNB would be used. Sorta like when we would use a .2 dish and LNB with a MPEG-2 system that had 3 receivers with a dual tuner involved to keep from using the DPP 33 or DPP 44 switch.

The new LNB was talked about on todays Retailer Chat...

Here is some information on the changes coming...

Attachments

• newea.jpg
    newea.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 349
  • newea2.jpg
    newea2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 359
  • newea3.jpg
    newea3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 326
It probably means that Dish has figured out that 48 (16 at 61.5 and 32 at 72.5) Conus transponders will provide all the channels required for Conus service. 50 Conus presently on western arc plus the 1 they lease to AAD.

I guess one can conclude that the market has matured.

I have be preaching about the number of CONUS TPs needed for each arc for the last year or so in my posts and also speculated that Dish could do exactly what is being talked about with most folks on the EA only needing 61.5 W and 72.5 W. I did think that the QuetzSat-1 satellite would be a hybrid spotbeam/psuedo-CONUS satellite so that folks that had their locals on 77 W would only need 72.7 W and 77 W but obviously that didn't happen. For the WA, expect even fewer TPs for CONUS because Dish will eventually want to use 10 TPs at 119 W for spotbeams after the WA conversion to MPEG-4 instead of the current 5 TPs. Recognize that the duplicate SD channels on the WA should eventually go away which will leave even more space for national HD channels.

It's interesting how Dish makes this new requirement effective December 15th when the new 1000.2 EA LNB won't be ready until at least February. So pretty much techs just keep doing what they've been doing until the equipment becomes available......soon.

What will end up happening is one year on down the road when they decide to use 77W in additional markets, we'll have to go back out and swap dishes and lnbs or put up a wing dish.

EXACTLY! DISH should use just one dish and two different lnbs for ALL installs and save themselves the time and money. One 1000.4 sat dish for either arc and two different lnbs is simple and they don't have to support all the different installs , lnbs etc. The more simple the better.

Use one dish and then a lnb that allows you to attach more "eyes" to it. They also need to have a slider which allows you to adjust the spacing of the lnb's. That would take care of your problems for now on. No more new dishes, no more new lnb's. They can advance on this even further and have a place to attach any type of switch like you attach a thumb drive on a computer to upgrade it. Makes too much sense so it would never happen. If water intrusion is an issue then have a plastic piece to cover the whole setup (a shroud) like they did with the Super Dish.

I honestly have to say that the Dish Network business model confuses the hell out of me. If I did not already have a ViP 722k,I'd say the hell with the whole thing of trying to get Dish. they bring out the 1000.4 Western Arc dish,& then they discontinue it,along with the Western Arc LNB. I really,really,really have to wonder if E* will still be around next year.

What will end up happening is one year on down the road when they decide to use 77W in additional markets, we'll have to go back out and swap dishes and lnbs or put up a wing dish.

Well it will at least keep installers employed...

A brilliant idea - especially for al the folks that want international channels but have no visibiity of the crappy FSS satellite signal levels at 118 (as in extreme Northeast US)

The only problem with that theory is that 77 is tilted towards Mexico so getting a signal in the NE is going to be harder on 77 than 118.

I honestly have to say that the Dish Network business model confuses the hell out of me. If I did not already have a ViP 722k,I'd say the hell with the whole thing of trying to get Dish. they bring out the 1000.4 Western Arc dish,& then they discontinue it,along with the Western Arc LNB. I really,really,really have to wonder if E* will still be around next year.

That would be cool if you could space the lnbs where you needed them for each arc. It would be simplicity at it's best. The only problem I see with it is the home installs many subs like me do. I can see people moving the lnbs in the wrong spot and the lost signal messages going up . This could generate more tech visits due to poorly installed dishes. But if they could make it where you could only move them either in eastern arc or western arc configurations , it would work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts