New LNB coming for Eastern Arc?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have installed a standard Dish 500 to receive 61.5 and 72.7, while not ideal it does work.

John

I don't know how you got it to work as when I tried it, the signal on either the 61 or the 72 was low depending on which one you peaked on. I actually expected this as the 500 LNB is designed for the 9 deg separation between 110/119 as opposed the 11 degree between 61 and 72. Using the 10 degree separation between the 119/129 on a 1000.2 WA or a 1000.4 WA would be closer but still not ideal.

I agree that there is too much confusion with all the different dish sizes. I have been installing for over 6 years and started out with the 121 superdish. (Which I am STILL installing for some special commercial leased channels). When they first came out with the 500+ dish I looked at how close in size (<3 in difference) I thought WTF? Why did they not just come up with a different LNB to work on the Superdish? I has been all downhill from there. Then there was the old 1000 dish. Then the 1000.2. Then the 1000.4. Then the dot4 WA. Then the 1000.2 back again. Now the 1000.2 EA. Sigh.

As as small dealer who actually has an large enough truck to keep most of my inventory in the truck, I hate having to find room for more stock #s and variations.

I do practically no dish Latino or dish Mexico and none of the locals in my area area are on 77.

My other concern with using the 1000.2 on EA is low signal strengths. The section area of the reflector on the 1000.2 in significantly small that the 1000.4 and we are already struggling to get good signals on EA. The new sats help but I really am skeptical about this.

Furthermore, I like the fine tuning adjustments on the backing structure of the dot4 and was pretty happy when they adopted it on the 500+ and I could stop doing my own conversions from dot4 parts. Unless they are also updating the backing structures on the dot2, then I don't see the point anyway. Pain in the ass when you think that you have it peaked then when you tighten the clamp bolts, it pulls it off to the side.

BTW, the update that I got stated that the new standard dish for SD installs will be using a 1000.2 WA dish, unless there is no LOS for 129 then a 500 dish should be used.

I'm going to order a 1000.4 Western Arc Dish from ebay,while they are still around. OK,lets say I don't have LOS for 129? My locals are on 110 SD & 119 HD,could I use this 61.5/72.7 LNB(whenever it comes out) on the 1000.4 dish with a 110/119 wing dish & a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch?

Last edited:
I'm going to order a 1000.4 Western Arc Dish from ebay,while they are still around. OK,lets say I don't have LOS for 129? My locals are on 110 SD & 119 HD,could I use this 61.5/72.7 LNB(whenever it comes out) on the 1000.4 dish with a 110/119 wing dish & a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch?

Yep.

Without having seen any specs yet I would venture to say "no". The one thing we know for sure is the new LNB is being designed for the 1000.2 dish, which means very likely it's being designed for the current arm length and feed bracket of the 1000.2 (or possibly even a new feed bracket). The 1000.4 has a different arm length and feed bracket than the 1000.2.

For each different reflector , the combination of the arm length and spacing on the LNB have to be calculated and designed to best receive the signal.

Oh crud... Forgot about the new LNB being fitted to the 1000.2... Anyway, can just get a 1000.4 EA LNB and it would work.

Without having seen any specs yet I would venture to say "no". The one thing we know for sure is the new LNB is being designed for the 1000.2 dish, which means very likely it's being designed for the current arm length and feed bracket of the 1000.2 (or possibly even a new feed bracket). The 1000.4 has a different arm length and feed bracket than the 1000.2.

For each different reflector , the combination of the arm length and spacing on the LNB have to be calculated and designed to best receive the signal.

That's funny,because I know that you can transfer the 1000.4 EA LNB & arm to a Dish 500 Plus dish(but of course the the 1000.4 & Dish 500 Plus also use the same mounting mast). I wonder if you could also transfer the new EA LNB AND the arm that goes along with it to the 1000.4 dish? Otherwise,I'll just get the current 1000.4 EA LNB like 3HaloODST suggested & work around that.

Yes you very well might want it. Many will get a stronger signal with less rain fade without 77. Thats my setup because I also have the WA so needed that slot. We increased the signal on 61.5 and 72 significantly and rainfade is much like the WA now. Which is to say very good.

Seems to be available now. Here's some more info on it and the pointing angles list.

Attachments

• Dot_2_Angles[1].pdf
    131.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 1000_2_EA_Twin_LNBF_Deployment[1].pdf
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,992
so is the 1000.2 now being used in the field as the standard Eastern Arc (if 77 is not used in your area)? Also is the reflector smaller like a dish 500 or as large as a 1000.4, or somewhere in the middle. And if its small like the 500 does the mount need the extra braces or just a old fashioned mast?

johnner1999 said:
so is the 1000.2 now being used in the field as the standard Eastern Arc (if 77 is not used in your area)? Also is the reflector smaller like a dish 500 or as large as a 1000.4, or somewhere in the middle. And if its small like the 500 does the mount need the extra braces or just a old fashioned mast?

The 1k2EA LNBF goes on a regular 1k2 dish. The settings will just be different than WA.

The 1k2EA LNBF goes on a regular 1k2 dish. The settings will just be different than WA.

thank you - so is the 1000.2 EA dish the same size as the x.4 or is it smaller like a 500?

Just seeing if it can be mounted on the side of my house - or better yet use the same mast as my current D* 5lnb mount... as I'd rather them not remove the screws in place....

The DIRECTV mast (2") isn't going to work unless you can figure out how to bush a 1-5/8" tube inside it. I've seen some reducers but I wouldn't trust them for long-term use.

The DIRECTV mast (2") isn't going to work unless you can figure out how to bush a 1-5/8" tube inside it. I've seen some reducers but I wouldn't trust them for long-term use.

interesting...

any suggestions for reusing the current screws (I assume the bolt pattern will not match 100%...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)