New lnbf for RV system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rustamust

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 11, 2006
colo springs co
I have a Winegard auto seek system (8 years old) on my RV (have dish wavier for RV) and the signal on 110 & 119 is 60s at best 129 less than 50. I'm thinking of replacing the dish itself with a 500 and am looking to find a lnbf that mounts with a 40mm neck as the system has to fold up for travel. I think some of the D lnbf mount this way but not sure. I'm looking for the best gain I can get but do not know what voltage, polairty,circular or linear and such. Any help or suggestions would be apreaciated. Thanks in advance.
Mike
I forgot to say the setup when we bought it was D* I dont know if this matters or not?
I made a mistake on neck size its 36mm not 40mm

Last edited:
I would look at the coax and barrel connections as the potential cause of your low signal, rg-6 is what you want to use and barrel connections of 2200mhz or higher are also recommended. Another possible cause could be a bent arm or reflector and any damage to the overal assembly.

Van said:
I would look at the coax and barrel connections as the potential cause of your low signal, rg-6 is what you want to use and barrel connections of 2200mhz or higher are also recommended. Another possible cause could be a bent arm or reflector and any damage to the overal assembly.

Van thanks for the suggestions. Last year I installed new RG6 along with the control cable inside 1/2" PVC on top of the motor home. The connector is a gold plated crimp on. The dish and arm appeares to be ok. I will look into the barrel connector and changing the dish to a 500 if it will not interfere with the operation of the system.
Mike

Well today I took the single LNB off my porta dish and put on the RV and signal went up to 80s-90s on odd transponders only no signal on any even transponders. This was on 110,119 and 129.Does anyone know what this means? Thanks

rustamust said:
Well today I took the single LNB off my porta dish and put on the RV and signal went up to 80s-90s on odd transponders only no signal on any even transponders. This was on 110,119 and 129.Does anyone know what this means? Thanks

Rustamust,

Sounds like you have some bad connections or bad cable. The LNBF on the Dish must receive 18 volts to be able to switch to use EVEN transponders. For the LNBF to switch to Odd transponders the LNBF only needs 13 volts.

Any water or corosion at the connections will attenuate the Voltage to a level the LNBF is NOT able to switch to use EVEN transponders.

John

JohnL said:
Rustamust,

Sounds like you have some bad connections or bad cable. The LNBF on the Dish must receive 18 volts to be able to switch to use EVEN transponders. For the LNBF to switch to Odd transponders the LNBF only needs 13 volts.

Any water or corosion at the connections will attenuate the Voltage to a level the LNBF is NOT able to switch to use EVEN transponders.

John

JohnL you da MAN thanks very much.
After reading your post I got up on RV roof and checked the voltage only 11.7V so I went inside and checked the 811 18.7V hooked it back to the Winegard and checked coax to LNBF 11.7 then turned it off checked coax and it was 18.7V so all is well. now I need to add a switch to power the Winegard on and off after finding sat. All signals for 110&119 are 85-115 and 129 is 65-90. Great way to go John