New Locals - NOT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Prestoman

Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
New HD Locals - NOT

I happened on this forum by searching for a solution to my problem, and it looks like I'm in the same boat as the fellow from Michigan.

I live in Texas and had a v-mail on my machine congratulating me on now being able to get local channels in HD. After a few calls to tech support, I'm told if I want to get the service I've paid for, I'll need to pay an additional $99 to re-point my Dish.

This drives me nuts and one of the reasons I did away with my sub to Dish Network in the first place. I just recently (last week) decided to give them another try, but no, they are the same (also charging me $5 month for not having a analog line connected).

Anyway I can confirm what HD locals my satellite carries? Looks like I'm on 119 echostar west.

what part of Texas do you live in? I was able to have them come out and add a wing dish to get 61.5 without having to pay anything.

Same here in Michigan. My Flint HD locals were just added and I called customer support on Monday and they are coming out tomorrow to add a dish for 61.5 for no cost. I made a point to ask if there was a charge and she told me there was none. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow.

Must be Austin...
Yeah. But several folks in the Austin DMA have posted that with a little haggling they were able to get a wing dish for 61.5 installed FREE without a 2 yr commitment extension -- including me:)

FWIW Dish replaced my Dish 1000 with a Dish 1000.2 and added a Dish 500 pointed at 61.5 for FREE. I just checked my recent activity online which shows both at $0.00.

All in all, Dish has done quite well by me in the last seversl months by offering the dsihHD (only) package (which reduced my bill by over $25/mo) and adding the Austin HD locals with wing dish (free). :)

Now all Dish needs to do is light up SCIFI HD before 4/4/08 to make my wife happy :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

I got the robot call today. I called Dish and was told that I had Austin HD locals now. Nothing was said about repointing.

Of course I don't really have HD locals.

I got the robot call today. I called Dish and was told that I had Austin HD locals now. Nothing was said about repointing.

Of course I don't really have HD locals.
They should have said "You can get Austin HD locals now if you add a 2nd dish." And then continued to tell you the terms and conditions for the install in your particular case. Reports from people who have added the wing dish range from: free w/ no commitment, free w/ a 2yr commitment, $59.99 w/ no commitment, ...

Talon Dancer