New Locals - NOT

Prestoman

Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
New HD Locals - NOT

I happened on this forum by searching for a solution to my problem, and it looks like I'm in the same boat as the fellow from Michigan.

I live in Texas and had a v-mail on my machine congratulating me on now being able to get local channels in HD. After a few calls to tech support, I'm told if I want to get the service I've paid for, I'll need to pay an additional $99 to re-point my Dish.

This drives me nuts and one of the reasons I did away with my sub to Dish Network in the first place. I just recently (last week) decided to give them another try, but no, they are the same (also charging me $5 month for not having a analog line connected).

Anyway I can confirm what HD locals my satellite carries? Looks like I'm on 119 echostar west.

what part of Texas do you live in? I was able to have them come out and add a wing dish to get 61.5 without having to pay anything.

Same here in Michigan. My Flint HD locals were just added and I called customer support on Monday and they are coming out tomorrow to add a dish for 61.5 for no cost. I made a point to ask if there was a charge and she told me there was none. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow.

Must be Austin...
Yeah. But several folks in the Austin DMA have posted that with a little haggling they were able to get a wing dish for 61.5 installed FREE without a 2 yr commitment extension -- including me:)

FWIW Dish replaced my Dish 1000 with a Dish 1000.2 and added a Dish 500 pointed at 61.5 for FREE. I just checked my recent activity online which shows both at $0.00.

All in all, Dish has done quite well by me in the last seversl months by offering the dsihHD (only) package (which reduced my bill by over $25/mo) and adding the Austin HD locals with wing dish (free). :)

Now all Dish needs to do is light up SCIFI HD before 4/4/08 to make my wife happy :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

I got the robot call today. I called Dish and was told that I had Austin HD locals now. Nothing was said about repointing.

Of course I don't really have HD locals.

I got the robot call today. I called Dish and was told that I had Austin HD locals now. Nothing was said about repointing.

Of course I don't really have HD locals.
They should have said "You can get Austin HD locals now if you add a 2nd dish." And then continued to tell you the terms and conditions for the install in your particular case. Reports from people who have added the wing dish range from: free w/ no commitment, free w/ a 2yr commitment, $59.99 w/ no commitment, ...

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)