New Manhattan receiver soon?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
After they got the initial bugs out of the Manhattan RS-1933 it was a great box up until the MicroHD came out.

Looking quickly over the specs the only thing I see that is a major addition is IP support. However there is no mention of what that IP support is.

For me the best box on the market now is the Amiko Alien 3.

Same Novatek chipset as used in the original X2 Premium, GEOSATpro HDVR1200 and the now discontinued DMSI SR1. The chipset is capable of playing rtmp type IPTV streams.

The Novatek 78326 chipset has deinterlace problems and does not display SD video very well. The chipset can blindscan quickly and has good display of HD programming, but has stutter problems on high bitrate feeds native in the SDK that must be coded out.

The GUI images that have been posted on other forums appear to use the same graphics that were designed for the HDVR1200. Unfortunately, this looks like a repackage of the same hardware found in existing receivers and nothing new for the hobbyists.

I am sure that someone will ask about 422... No. The chipset is not capable.

But what about 422?

Also of interest on the Manhattan website, it appears that antenna production info has been updated in the News section...

Jeff posted on the legalfreetoair forum that they have worked out the deinterlace issues with the chipset and he is not seeing any deinterlace artifacts. Might be a nice STB if Novatek has addressed the flaw in the chipset.

He also suggested that another advanced model will be in development with ATSC and the chipset is spec'd for 4:2:2. Not sure if that is the common chipset spec that indicates that it outputs component video or that it actually supports the 4:2:2 profile. Time will tell.... :)

Reactions: eurosport
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)