New Member from Texas- Need Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TXGal

Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
TX
Hey Members,

Searching for knowlege. I am trying to rehook up an old mesh dish. Just need some help with wiring. Also, want to know if I have a old mesh dish and and Echostar SRD-4000, would it be worth my wild to set it up. Is there anything I can receive on it Free worth wild?? If so I will need this smart group of people to help me a bit.

Thanks

I have the Echostar manual. When the Dual R6- 6 cable was removed from the receiver the wires were not marked as to where they were removed from. Also, it appears that the ? Sheilded wire (2) have the ends cut off.

I am tracing the wires to the Dish.

Currently, all I have looked at is the Zarl 3018 Actuator Motor. There are 4 wires hooked to it. One Red, One Black, one small black and a small Blue wire. Now here is where I am going to sound really stupid. When I am looking in the box, the top side appears to have the motor, and the bottom part lines up with the arm. Inbetween these, is a strip that the wires connect to.

I need to identify if the part that I call the motor side, it has a little square electronic component that is square and has Green and white wires coming from it. On the opposite side of the of the wire connection, the antenna cable matches up with it. Green to Red and White to Black. Are these the motor connections.

On the bottom part, that lines up with the arm, is that the sensor? If so I think I can figure this out, if I have identified the parts right.

Attachments

• DishMotor.pdf
    631.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Cable.jpg
    Cable.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 161
  • LNB.jpg
    LNB.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Dish.jpg
    Dish.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 198
  • Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Perhaps the original manual for your receiver would help?
We have an archive of a lot of such info here on the forum.

Also, for general guidance on hooking things up, the Geo-Orbit site may look ancient, but it a real storehouse of knowledge.

And of course, if you have a specific (or even general) question, the folks here are happy to help.
For more interest, post some pictures of the parts in question.

Oh, yea... and welcome aboard! ;)

:welcome to the group :)

pictures are you friend here on the site and they help us see and figure out what you have.
for the wiring a picture of the back of the receiver would help and if its not already connected to the dish motor , a picture and name of that motor would help.

would it be worth my wild to set it up. Is there anything I can receive on it Free worth wild??
the receiver you have listed is a analog receiver and there are still a few of those up there but are decreasing with each year. the receiver will mostlikely still move the big dish and by adding a new digital receiver (DVB) it should gain you several more channel options ( see the list )

lots of information here so research , read and ask questions ... we are here to help when needed :)

I have the Echostar manual. When the Dual R6- 6 cable was removed from the receiver the wires were not marked as to where they were removed from. Also, it appears that the ? Sheilded wire (2) have the ends cut off.

I am tracing the wires to the Dish.

Currently, all I have looked at is the Zarl 3018 Actuator Motor. There are 4 wires hooked to it. One Red, One Black, one small black and a small Blue wire. Now here is where I am going to sound really stupid. When I am looking in the box, the top side appears to have the motor, and the bottom part lines up with the arm. Inbetween these, is a strip that the wires connect to.

I need to identify if the part that I call the motor side, it has a little square electronic component that is square and has Green and white wires coming from it. On the opposite side of the of the wire connection, the antenna cable matches up with it. Green to Red and White to Black. Are these the motor connections.

On the bottom part, that lines up with the arm, is that the sensor? If so I think I can figure this out, if I have identified the parts right.

one coax is for c-band
other coax is for ku ( or not used if no ku present

next cable usually has 5 wires
wire color also wire color
big red big red = motor ( set one way moves east )
big white big black = motor ( these two wires reversed move west)
brown = brown = sensor
green = blue = sensor
orange = grey = not used for you

next cable usually has three small wires ( these control the polarity / servo)
white pulse
black GND
red +5v

need to identify if the part that I call the motor side, it has a little square electronic component that is square
square box is the phyiscal limit switch

Green to Red and White to Black. Are these the motor connections.
your motor connections are the larger black & red wires
red lines up with the big green wire
black lines up withthe big white wire

On the bottom part, that lines up with the arm, is that the sensor?
the round wheel is a magnet wheel (its blue) and off to the left side in the picture slightly below the magnet wheel will be the sensor
it has a grey and a white wire connected to it.

if you haven't moved the dish in a while and it has a grease zerk fitting i would give it some grease first

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts