New member here and to Dish!

Bigfoot

Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
Vermilion, Ohio
Hello everyone,:) I have signed on to Dish satellite after being with Directv for several years. They haven't installed the new system yet, but did tell me that I they would be installing a 722k dvr. My living room TV is a 50" plasma with HD, I also have analog TV's in each of the 2 bedrooms and one in the bathroom (just a small 14" flat screen) I know zero about Dish or their equipment. I was wondering if you lads could give me some advice on the equipment and service issues with Dish? Dish is installing one dvr, I understand that the tv's in the bedrooms will be mirrored and that the romote control can be set to RF so channels can be changed without being in front of the dvr........Thanks Don Bigfoot

The 722 models are dual tuner/dual output receivers, when set in dual user mode the second tv will be independent of tv1, but when in single user mode it would be a mirror of tv1, it does have it's own outputs controlled with it's own remote.

If Dish does not carry your HD locals or you want to be able to receive them OTA, be sure to order the dual OTA module for the 722k.