Capturing audio (possibly video) from 722 DVR

A

anonymouse99

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 28, 2007
I would like to save copies of some audio (and possibly video) from my DVR recordings. Is there an easy way to do this digitally? I am trying to avoid having to save it in an analog format and redigitizing it on a CD.

I mean, can someone recommend an extremely high quality PCI card or a professional/portable device to convert Optical/SPID/HDMI to a CD/DVD recordable format?

Ideally, I would like a device to convert from Optical/SPID/HDMI to USB (which I can plug into a laptop, and use an audio capture device).

I am curious to get your steps to do this? -TIA

C

CowboyDren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 18, 2005
Nope. At least not video; there may be a digital audio to USB
dongle that I've never looked for. Better luck finding a high end audio capture card. You're stuck in analog only, but it works quite well.

Cold Irons

Cold Irons

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 7, 2005
Fredericksburg, VA
No way (that I know of) to do this.

To get Dylan's "Theme Time Radio Hour" shows to my PC & iTunes, I first go from DVR to DVD+R, then rip into MP3 on the PC. You could also go from analog audio output of DVR directly to PC if you have it wired up for this.

C

CowboyDren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 18, 2005
Here you go:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-U-CONTROL-UCA202-USB-Audio-Interface/dp/B000J0IIEQ?tag=satelliteguys-20]Amazon.com: Behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 USB-Audio Interface: Musical Instruments[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts