New member Needs help with DTV Latin America Install In S. Florida

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SCU33ZE

Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
Miami, FL
Hello all! I have been lurking these forums for a real long time, and ever since a Venezuelan friend told me I could catch DTV LA from galaxy 3c, I have been wanting to try this. I currently subscribe to directv with many HD channels in Miami, but I would love to have a chance of receiving local channels from my home country, Ecuador, as well as other programming absent in the states.

Here's the deal. I am currently visiting Ecuador and acquired a receiver from my grandmother. I am paying her the extra 6 bucks it takes montly for this additional receiver on her account. (directv Ecuador) The receiver model is a Thomson L12 Just in case.

I have found the LNB used in Latin american Directv that has a LO Of 10.5 GHZ ,circular polarity and the right frequency range. Just in case, here is a LINK to it:

This is the DTVGS+ Eagle Aspen LNB for Dish & DirecTV

Here is my dilemma. I am certain that people in Miami are watching directv LA. My Friends Family from venezuela does it and they get pretty much all of the channels available. It is the same satellite used for Ecuador by the way.
Galaxy 3c on 95*W

I am trying to decide which dish will give me a better shot at this.

I Like the Winegard 76cm DS 2078. I have read exceptional reviews, and being that I am in South florida, I should get decent signal..... right????

The other dish I like is an Andrews Channel master thats 90cm in size. Its the old ones used by directv and its made of fiberglass, It is NOT the worlddirect one.

As you can see, both of these dishes have the square tube mount for the single directv Latin america LNB. Easier for me to set-up. I dont want to fumble around with mounting a square type LNB on and oddball feed arm, If possible of course.

If I absolutely MUST use a 1 meter dish, thats fine, and please tell me, The only reason I am looking at smaller dishes is because of outrageous freight charges for 1 meter dishes.

Ok, done with this part.
Receiver with Legal subscription in South America, ChecK.
Oddball LNB, Check.
And Dish........ help me decide please!

Secondly, I have Zero experience setting up a satellite tv system. I am very mechanically inclined and pretty much can ace the installation of the dish on the exterior of the house, But I am not sure on how I am going to aim the dish and and add connectors on the cable.
Also can I place this dish close to my directv USA slimline dish or they will block out signal???:confused:

Please Give me pointers on what tools I should purchase, and a general idea of finding 95*W. I think it should be straight forward but I would still like some re-assurance.

If anyone has done this here please chime in.

It is wonderful to have so much information about satellite TV on this forum, Thank you so much in advance.;)

Hola, este post es viejo, pero estoy muy interesado en saber si pudiste resolver y como? Me interesa saber si es posible conectar al directv venezolano en Miami. Gracias.

Hola, este post es viejo, pero estoy muy interesado en saber si pudiste resolver y como? Me interesa saber si es posible conectar al directv venezolano en Miami. Gracias.

Translation.

Hello, this is an old post, but I'm very interested if you were able to have it resolved and how? I would like to know if it is possible to connect Directv Venezuela in Miami. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)