new member with questions on 72.5 bird

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paul3500hd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 6, 2006
Hello
I had Dish Network and switched
I just got direct tv and had locals installed in the house.
I also use one receiver in our camper so I have a set of second dish's to use there
I have been trying to get it set up in my driveway for 4 days now.
I can get 101 to come in great on one dish with out problems
I can not even get 72.5 option to show up on my screen
no matter what configuration of dish setups I chose I can not get 72.5 to show up so I can get a signal meter to work with.
I have tried auto setup with no luck either
I am pointing the 72.5 dish in the direction the installer told me and searching for the bird but am still having no luck
I have been using satellite for 3 years now and never had this type of problem
The receivers are new and I have tried to set up the camper one the same as the house one and still no luck
What am I doing wrong...
With out the 72.5 bird showing up on my receiver I cant a signal meter to find it
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Paul

paul3500hd said:
Hello
I had Dish Network and switched
I just got direct tv and had locals installed in the house.
I also use one receiver in our camper so I have a set of second dish's to use there
I have been trying to get it set up in my driveway for 4 days now.
I can get 101 to come in great on one dish with out problems
I can not even get 72.5 option to show up on my screen
no matter what configuration of dish setups I chose I can not get 72.5 to show up so I can get a signal meter to work with.
I have tried auto setup with no luck either
I am pointing the 72.5 dish in the direction the installer told me and searching for the bird but am still having no luck
I have been using satellite for 3 years now and never had this type of problem
The receivers are new and I have tried to set up the camper one the same as the house one and still no luck
What am I doing wrong...
With out the 72.5 bird showing up on my receiver I cant a signal meter to find it
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Paul

the 72 is hard to hit and you cant use the IRD to align it.

dragon002 said:
the 72 is hard to hit and you cant use the IRD to align it.

Sure you can - I do it all the time & you don't even need a multisat IRD to do it... ;)
But you DO need to have a sense of where the 2 birds are, but since they are so far apart, it really shouldn't be rocket science. Simply connect the 72.5 dish directly to the IRD (with NO switches inline) & then simply use the 101 meter to find the 72.5 bird, but understand that you will ONLY get a signal on all even x-ponders 2-32, which pretty much sticks out like a sore thumb. Once you find each bird, THEN reconnect the dishes through the switches & proceed as normal.

paul3500hd - first of all, a newly installed receiver will NOT show the 72.5 meter as an option, until it has found it through the autodetect routine. The first thing you should do, is take that receiver back to your house, connect it up in place of one of your other receivers & run it through the autodetect routine, so that it finds the 72.5 bird.

Then, once you do this, then you can disconnect it & take it back out to your camper - the 72.5 position WILL stay in memory. This should make it easier to find each bird in your camper, but note you can even do this using the 101 meter, per my instructions above. ;)

Last edited:
Beavis said:
Erm, doesn't the 72.5 bird use only even transponders?

Yes, you are correct & I (evidently) was thinking of something else while I was typing this - corrected it above. Thx for pointing this out... :eek:

Well , I brought the camper receiver into the house and set it up with auto detect
Took it back out to the camper and it worked
Thanks for all the help here
Paul

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)