Status
Please reply by conversation.

andy j

Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
Honea Path SC
Hello, just joined today am thinking about switching from cable to Directv,but with all the problems folks seem to have, I may keep cable.

Hello, just joined today am thinking about switching from cable to Directv,but with all the problems folks seem to have, I may keep cable.

Welcome Andy!

What problems? I've been with D* for two years now and have not had one issue at all. You have to be careful and not get caught up in the drama a lot of people here will cause.

I'm sure some people here can find an issue with a free lunch. Just do like grydlok said and read around first.

Welcome again!

Welcome Andy! If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here.

I've never felt that forums are a good way to judge quality of any business or service. The folks who have complaints, justified or not, or otherwise have an ax to grind, will write in and blast a company. However, the vast majority who are satisfied will just keep quite. I'm not talking just DirecTV, you'll find the same thing on the DISH and cable boards too.

Not to say that complaints shouldn't be considered, they should, but as just one part of of making a thoughtful decision.

Welcome Andy! If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here.

Plus the "Member of the Year" (me) is always glad to help

Wait, did I just call myself dumb?

Cable, seriously? That's crazy talk! Sure, people complain about both DirecTV and Dish, but either one is WAY better than cable....even U-Verse....now FIOS, that might be a different story.....

I've been with DirecTV for seven years now....my only complaint is my own impatience for more HD....c'mon D12!

Remeber Versus is back now ^_^ so if that was influencing your decision you don't have to worry about it anymore. :D

Welcome!

Best thought I can give you on the choice, is, you'll need to ask yourself the question about what type of programming is your favorite? If it's sports overall, DTV is the leader in that Dept.

If it's the most movie channels, (HBO's, etc), it's my understanding that Dish has the most choices in that category.

For me. since I'm a sports fan, it's an easy choice to stay with DTV since '99.

The last I heard, no other provider can match the overall sports pkg's of DTV.

Andy, First of all welcome to the site!

I've been a D* sub since 1997. Primestar before that, and TWC before that.

I've never looked back. I laugh at all the ads the cable industry uses to bash Sat services.

My comparison:

Outages? Minutes compared to hours or days.

Equipment? Navigator? really? are my HR-22's a little slow? yes but, it always works.

Channels? no contest, either SAT provider.

HD? Same as above.

Customer Service? Ditto

I have one brother who still insists his TWC is better. He insists i lose my signal all the time. Even after losing his service for an entire evening because of a local head end problem that still is not entirely solved.

Just my $.02 wort.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)