New microHD Firmware Release: GSP_MHD_009 Available for USB and Satellite Update (OTA-SSU) 08.20.201

Are you saying that if LO 5150-10750 is selected for scanning, this little marvel will scan both "BANDS" by itself at the same time in sequence, so all the channels of the scanned satellite are staggered by their respective bands, and showed such as one channel is a KU band and the next channel might be a C band....If that is true, then this little box is a wonder.

I assume you need to have a 22k switch between the C & Ku side of the LNB

yes it would...otherwise your frequencies would be off and C-Band stuff would show as KU and vise versa

Thanks,.... so the external 22khz switch port #1 goes to the Ku band side and it is turned/commanded ON, and port #2 goes to the C band side and it is turned/commanded OFF, right?.... Always learning by leaps and bounds.

Quote from firmware notes:

"Changed: The satellite Name selected in the Motor / Switch Setting Menu will be the default satellite in the Single/Multi Satellite and TP List menus"

You have to go into Motor / Switch Setting Menu everytimebeforeyou go into TP list or it reverts back to 30W when satellite is still the same in the Motor / Switch Setting Menu.

post 4.
in order to use my bandstacked lnbs.
I dont need to modify the scan range? or still need to and do i use the bandstacked LO lnb setup? or standards?
thanks

Thanks,.... so the external 22khz switch port #1 goes to the Ku band side and it is turned/commanded ON, and port #2 goes to the C band side and it is turned/commanded OFF, right?.... Always learning by leaps and bounds.

on a 22k switch it usually says "22k" and "0k"

0K to C-Band side
22k side to KU

kodaz said:
post 4.
in order to use my bandstacked lnbs.
I dont need to modify the scan range? or still need to and do i use the bandstacked LO lnb setup? or standards?
thanks

Bandstacked LNBFs should be scanned with Horizontal polarity only and the full IF range. Example 11.7 - 12.9mhz, Horizontal polarity.

We are working on correct polarity mapping, but the inverse format is being elusive!

what is the setting to make the default scan range 950-1450? I've loaded the new firmware and it still defaults to 950-2150 and I have to change the 2150 to 1450 every time. I am using an odd LNB LO of 10000 so I can drop the leading "1" to get my lband frequency... is that telling the microhd I have a full band LNB when I don't and thus making it default to 2150 for the upper end stop? Maybe we need a default scan range input field or define the LNB field so the receiver knows what an appropriate high end scan stop frequency should be in normal situations.

The entire IF range is still targeted, but the actual scan is defined within the user selected parameters. Example: The user refines the search parameter of a standard LO Blind Scan by placing a Start Frequency of 11700 and Stop Frequency of 11800. The found TP(s) will be found, analyzed and logged within this range, but the scan will look at the entire 950 - 2150 IF range and quickly skip over and not analyze found TPs outside of the user defined or default range.

Ok this is what I am experiencing.

The percentage of scan that is displayed is based on the complete IF range not the user defined range.

Can I assume that the percentage scanned will be 50% for H and 50% for V???

what is the setting to make the default scan range 950-1450? I've loaded the new firmware and it still defaults to 950-2150 and I have to change the 2150 to 1450 every time. I am using an odd LNB LO of 10000 so I can drop the leading "1" to get my lband frequency... is that telling the microhd I have a full band LNB when I don't and thus making it default to 2150 for the upper end stop? Maybe we need a default scan range input field or define the LNB field so the receiver knows what an appropriate high end scan stop frequency should be in normal situations.

The default Start and Stop frequencies for the LO 10000 are: Start - IF 950mhz / Stop - IF 2150mhz. This is the IF range of a LNB sold with this LO.

Your usage is non-typical, so I understand that you are inconvenienced by the default Stop frequency. We know of other hobbyist who are using LO 10000 when scanning dbs and dss frequencies and others exploring Ka. Facilitating non-typical usage is the reasoning behind the microHD adjustable scan parameters of a default, so the end user can adjust the defaults to facilitate unique usages. Unfortunately, this parameter currently cannot be saved to the user data and must be set each time the default value is temporarily adjusted.

The export / import of this user data is also not supported for the editors and would require extensive suport from ALI and a modification of the file and the supporting data bases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts