New microHD Firmware Release: GSP_MHD_009 Available for USB and Satellite Update (OTA-SSU) 08.20.201

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Release: August 21st, 2012

Major Firmware Update is now available. GEOSATpro firmware GSP_MHD_009 for USB Update or OTA-SSU updating via satellite Galaxy 19, transponder frequency 12115 (Do not change any other settings in the Manual Update Menu screen).

Warning: The GSP_MHD_009 update is a main system file and should not overwrite your settings and channel scans. You should back-up your current settings, set-up and firmware to a USB drive before performing the S/W Update via Satellite - Manual or USB.
  • Back-up your current firmware to USB - Save to USB (ALLCODE) .abs
  • Save your user data to USB - Save to USB (userdb) .udf

Important Notice:
After updating your receiver be sure to power cycle and perform a Factory Reset before reloading your saved user data (.udf) or reconfiguring and scanning.

MicroHD Firmware Release Notes:

Date: 8/20/2012
GSP_MHD_009

* Corrected: Universal 5150 - 10750 LO Setting - Supports Blind Scan in the default Start 3700 / Stop 12200

* Corrected: Full Screen Meter - Display text "Tone"

* Corrected: Timer Event List window enlarged to display complete channel or program name, duration, date and start time.

* Corrected: Several text typos on several menu screens

* Corrected: Fixed Teletext / Transparency bug. Teletext function does not automatically default to ON when transparency setting is changed.

* Corrected: Manual Single Channel search now logs HD channels

* Corrected: Manual Single Channel search now logs Audio channels

* Corrected: Satellites can now be added and removed from the Activated Satellite List at any time. Does not matter if channels have been logged.
---------------------------------------------------------

* Changed: The Satellite Name selected in the Motor / Switch Setting Menu "Activated Satellite List" will be the default satellite in the Single/Multi Satellite and TP List menus

* Changed: Allow DVR recordings list deletion of one or more recordings with deletion confirmation

* Changed: USB Firmware Name reflects OTA-SSU Name - Shortened

* Changed: Default Start / Stop Frequencies: C-band 3700 - 4200 / KU Stop 12200

* Changed: Removed LO 0 (zero) - unable to support

* Changed: EPG Time now displayed in 12 hour AM/PM mode

* Changed: Timer Event List displayed in 12 hour AM/PM mode

* Changed: Automatic OTA-SSU temporarily disabled (greyed out) until fully implemented.

* Changed: "Summer Time" to "Daylight Saving"
---------------------------------------------------------

* Added: SID (Service Identification) Information displayed one Channel Information screen

* Added: CC Icon to Channel Banner display when channel is transmitting a Closed Captioning stream

* Added: HD Icon to Channel Banner display when channel is transmitted in resolutions above 480i/576i

* Added: Circular designations beside Horizontal "Left" and Vertical "Right" polarity selections

View attachment GSP_MHD_009.zip

Last edited:
Ok, I'm the first guinea pig!

Here we go...

Backup............... done
Write down some settings because I don't trust everything............done
Load new firmware..........done
Power off, wait 15 seconds, power on..................done
Factory reset.................done.
15 second power reset (cord pull)...........done
Reload my settings and such.............. Whoops! I stupidly restored the old (ALLCODE) .abs instead! What a goof. Ok, started over again with all the above,............ done..

Try reload my settings and such, Part 2: ...............userdb.udf.....................done!
Another power cycle.........done

Ok, I'm getting 'Out of range" errors now, and something is wrong...

OH! It restored my settings and channels, but the USALS Lat and Long didn't come back! Oops......... good thing I wrote them down......typed in, and ...........PBJ is back! Yay!

"Skippy, skippy the BOOOOSCH Kangarooo".

Checking other settings: Hummm, my tv settings went back to 720p_60, but my Aspect Mode reset to "Auto" from 16:9. Also, GMT Usage turned to "ON", and date set to 01.01.2012 Checking more settings...

Everything else, is pretty much ok.

Checking for switch over to C-band and ME-TV.........works perfectly!

Ok, except for the stupid part of me reloading the old firmware (and thinking I bricked it!) when trying to restore the userdb file, and the fact that USALS "zero'ed out", and the tv settings reverting to "Aspect" (which doesn't work right on 4:3 channels for me, and I HATE "Stretch-o-vision", 4:3 should be 4:3! All is well!!

Last edited:
Please note that the bandstacked LNBFs will scan with this firmware, but the vertical transponders will log as horizontal. The bandstacked LO support is still being worked on and we plan on supporting with correct vertical transponder logging and support with a future firmware update.

We know that a few microHD owners use bandstacked LNBFs and we apologize with the incorrect vertical transponder logging and ask for your continued patience! :sorry:

Upgrade went fine here....except I thought after it burnt the EEPROM it is supposed to auto re-set. All it did was go blank with just one green LED on(pwr) and after a few minutes I unplugged and plugged back in and it came back to life. No big deal though, just thought it was odd.

Last edited:
Everything went smoothly, had to re-enter USALS info, but everything else worked. Also had to reset my favorite setting in TV system area, and go back to 1s OSD timeout. Looks good , so far. Watching baseball on two TV's right now. :)

Well I loaded the new software as instructed and I too got the out of range indicator, I had to reset the Long and Lat.

Found a problem when blind scanning 89w, my LO is set to Universal 9750/10600. When Scan Frequency Range window came up the frequency range was 3700 mHz to 12200 mHz. The setting is the same for all satellites that I have set as Universal 9750/10600. I change the frequency to 11700 -12200 and blind scanned. The first transponder that scans in is 11747/H/5788, at 52% This tells me that even though I changed the frequency in the Scan Frequency Range window it did not change the scan settings. (That Transponder should of scanned in the first 5% of the scan).

I went back to do another blind scan this time I did not change the Scan Frequency Range and left it at 3700-12200 and the first transponder listed above also showed up at 52%.

I noticed that prior to this firmware up that the Scan Frequency Range never changes to what I have put in. I even once tried and scan 50 mega Hz and the scan took so long that I was sure that the Scan frequency raange window was not working.

Brian, do you have test cases written for the software testing of the firmware loads??
mikelib

I don't like how if you go into the TP List, it starts out with the eastern most satellite you have instead going to the the satellite you are on when going into the menu... it also automatically issues a motor move command to that eastern most satellite when going into the TP List. I'm having to wait until the moving dish message goes away (about 18 seconds) before changing the TP List to each satellite. So it took me about 5 minutes to get to the sat I was on. Is there any way to have it default to the satellite you are on when you go into the TP List?

Upgrade went fine here....except I thought after it burnt the EEPROM it is supposed to auto re-set. All it did was go blank with just one green LED on(pwr) and after a few minutes I unplugged and plugged back in and it came back to life. No big deal though, just thought it was odd.

same here

also minor cosmetic thing. When you press info twice to see all the "guts" of the channel its too long so the screen runs past the bottom line. Needs to be shifted up slightly

edit: added picture

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    802.5 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
I don't like how if you go into the TP List, it starts out with the eastern most satellite you have instead going to the the satellite you are on when going into the menu... it also automatically issues a motor move command to that eastern most satellite when going into the TP List. I'm having to wait until the moving dish message goes away (about 18 seconds) before changing the TP List to each satellite. So it took me about 5 minutes to get to the sat I was on. Is there any way to have it default to the satellite you are on when you go into the TP List?
Yeah, that's a step backward. You should be able to hit "exit" to get back and select a different sat, but that's not the best solution.

Found a problem when blind scanning 89w, my LO is set to Universal 9750/10600. When Scan Frequency Range window came up the frequency range was 3700 mHz to 12200 mHz.
Error on this LO setting. Will correct shortly.

do you have test cases written for the software testing of the firmware loads??
mikelib
We have internal documentation for routine benchmarking.

I updated via satellite, Rebooted, did a factory reset. Didn't go well at all. I cannot access anything on the installation menu except the satellite list. No antenna setup. I'll have to reload the update via USB I guess.

This is a work in progress. We are aware of the TP List defaulting to #1 Activated Satellite. This will be corrected in the next release. We didn't want to hold up the firmware release any longer. If you first enter Satellite Scan or Motor Switch setting menus, the receiver will be on the currently tuned satellite and will hold if exiting and entering the TP List menu.

BTW..... If the left or right key is pressed within 2 seconds of entering the TP list the motor command will not be issued until you land on another satellite and not select the left or right arrow key for 3 seconds.... then the motor command will be issued. Also, you never have to wait the 15 seconds for the "Motor Moving" message to time out. Just press the Exit key at any time to allow other function.

Error on this LO setting. Will correct shortly.
Thank you Brian, can you address the rest of my thread concerning the blind scanning and Scan Frequency Range Widow that does not seem to change after putting in the correct setting.

We have internal documentation for routine benchmarking.
Just asking as prior to retirement I spent some time as a software tester and software testcase writer.
A very rigid discipline, did not like it even though I was very good at it.

Thank you Brian, can you address the rest of my thread concerning the blind scanning and Scan Frequency Range Widow that does not seem to change after putting in the correct setting.

they'll fix it so it scans from 10700-12200. Thats what he means.

Well this update did me in. My microHD is not useable. I'll have to load the old firmware and try and get it going again.

they'll fix it so it scans from 10700-12200. Thats what he means.

Ice I knew what he meant, I have noticed that when you manually go in and change the frequency range the setting take in the window but it looks like they don't set the frequency when scanning. Am I not clear in what I wrote about changing the frequency?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)