New Microsoft Ad - What do you think?

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afR5J7eskno"]YouTube - Bill Gates & Jerry Seinfeld - Shoe Circus Commercial[/ame]

I liked it. What do you guys think?

Apple is hip, new, exciting and their commercials exude that . . . Microsoft's new commercials look boring and that they may have aired 10 years ago . . . Microsoft just keeps falling further and further behind Apple and this coming from someone who will never own an IPOD or Mac

I didn't care for the shoe store ad, but I saw ones new to me where Jerry and Bill were staying with a family and the bit were they answer the door for the Chinese Food delivery kid, who was a dead ringer for a young Bill Gates, had me rolling.

I don't fall for Apple's FUD. I see no reason to migrate. Young and hip doesn't mean sh*t to me at this point in my life.

My gut feeling is that these things are intentionally quirky and strange; and maybe its just meant to be a gag on the "hip" MAC commercials. It is weird though seeing the wealthiest man in the world doing these commercials.

I liked the American Express commercials with Jerry and Superman. Now THAT'S comedy!
[youtube]WcWNzN5wsss[/youtube] [youtube]w9IFeT2oyP0[/youtube]

Bill & Jerry? meh.

Last edited:
I've never liked the mac commercials because its not as easy as they like to make it out to be when you use a mac. I know that windows has never been perfect but atleast I can get older software to work on vista that would have been new with 95 yet I have a mac with leopard on it and I cant get the legacy utility to work on it to save my life so I can run software that was around on os 7. The one thing mac does their damndest to do is hide the fact that macs are still used primarily in schools and graphics studio's while the vast majority of us still use windows in the real world all over the place including in schools and graphics studio's and somewhere in there are about 10 ubuntu guys.

and somewhere in there are about 10 ubuntu guys.

Hey, I resemble that comment....:p

Here's my current setup in my home (for two people)
Dell Vostro 200 Dual boot XP Pro/Ubuntu
Dell Vostro 1510 Tri boot XP Pro/Vista/Ubuntu
Dell Vostro 1500 Dual boot XP Pro/Ubuntu
Northgate Ubunut
HP Ubuntu

Dell Vostro 200 XP Home
Dell Vostro 1500 XP Home

I saw the "real" Microsoft ad tonight. They have a John Hodges lookalike saying, "I'm a PC and I've been turned into a stereotype" followed by average PC users identifying themselves as PCs and what they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)