New Microsoft Ad - What do you think?

The ads are amusing..... but they don't make me want to buy Vista.

Apples ads are devastating in that they keep explaining in simple terms WHY people are avoiding Vista.

They need to start explaining in simple terms why people should embrace it. Until then, they will go nowhere....

The ads are amusing..... but they don't make me want to buy Vista.

And yet not a single one of the "I'm a Mac" ads have made me want to by a Mac, either. In fact, quite the contrary. I find the PC guy, John Hodges, a sympathetic character, and Justin Long, a smarmy tool.

And yet not a single one of the "I'm a Mac" ads have made me want to by a Mac, either. In fact, quite the contrary. I find the PC guy, John Hodges, a sympathetic character, and Justin Long, a smarmy tool.
Yes, absolutely.
And in addition, one rule of advertizing is to talk about your own product.
NOT the competition.
I come away knowing more about the PC (guy) than the Mac (or guy).
The PC guy is way funnier, too!

Never, Never, NEVER give your competition free air time.! - :eek:
The PC gets all the good lines, and frankly more screen-focus (if not screen-time).

Mostly, the car commercials where they mention the competition come off the same way.
Watch some and tell me the guy doing the commercial comes out on top.

So, it's not just these PC/Mac commercials, it's a whole misunderstanding of psychology and proper marketing, that seems to be in vogue!
Didn't these folks ever go to school?

There's no such thing as bad press... just as long as you mention my name, I get free advertizing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts