New Mpeg4 HD DVR price $499 and it's a lease!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
stupid

November ! what a bunch of B.S. -- Directv says he want to make HD a priority -- however, actions speak louder than words. 150 national HD channels -- blah. blah, blah -- when how many are even available at this time? 20? HD DVR -- blah, blah,blah. If this new DVR is being delayed until November maybe they should try get the 6.2 version out to those of us who have a HR10-250. It goes without saying that HD locals without the new DVR is about as useless as could be. :mad:

naldoron said:
Directv says he want to make HD a priority
Does DirecTV really say this? I think everyone realizes that it's going to be at least another year before DirecTV is a serious competitor in HD. It's too bad because I don't plan on leaving DirecTV any time soon.

-JustBob

JerryVolunteer said:
I just got a price quote for a HD DVR to buy one. I was told $899 to buy it and they are not offering any rebates for them.

Exactly what is this $899 quote for, since I haven't heard a word about the MPEG4 D* HD DVR being available yet?

JerryVolunteer said:
I just got a price quote for a HD DVR to buy one. I was told $899 to buy it and they are not offering any rebates for them.
For that price they can stick it where the sun don't shine!

My local installer told me the update would be free, I'm in the Detroit market (Currently have the h10-250).

What a lying scumbag..

Last edited:
I have not seen anything from D* that says the Mpeg4 hd dvr is available..

I think the $ 899 quote is ficticious, I have heard from people that the unit will be
$ 599 to BUY and $ 399 to lease ......

Lets hope that turns out to be a true starting point.

Jimbo

Great, JUST great. $400 to LEASE something that you have to give back. Are we NUTS!!!????? There is no way in HELL that I'm going to LEASE a $400 DVR and THEN give it back to them!!!! D* is getting worse than the "rent all" places. At least with them at SOME point you own what they brought to your house!!!!

Why is everyone getting their short in a knot here? You've got a poster saying that a CSR at D* said something about an item that's not available yet and no official word about pricing and upgrade path has been made. Have we forgotten that CSR's are usually the last to know about 'upcoming' things at either DBS company?

And the original poster was passing along what the price would be to purchase a HR10-250 now and then upgrade it to the HR20-250 at a future date, not what the new lease initial charge would be, again based on something that's not been offically announced by D*.

IMHO, just calm down and let's just wait to see what gets officially announced and then if D* want's $400 to get the box then start the war.

rad said:
IMHO, just calm down and let's just wait to see what gets officially announced and then if D* want's $400 to get the box then start the war.

You got it.... All the ranting and raving everyone is doing to assumptions, is crazy. We can sit here all day and listen to the anti D* or anti E* posters with their thoughts and opinions, but what will ultimately rule will be the market. If the public stops leasing the $499 units, they will come down in price, or you will again start seeing rebates. If new customers keep coming on board at that price, it will stay the same.

I'm sure that is the case but we already have posters here that have said that they have gone to D* and been told that the current model is X $. You really don't think that D* is stupid enough not to have thought this through do you?

scotsmanron said:
I'm sure that is the case but we already have posters here that have said that they have gone to D* and been told that the current model is X $. You really don't think that D* is stupid enough not to have thought this through do you?

But how many of those posters have gone ahead and paid D*, gotten the equipment and then come on here and complained and said how expensive it was and they would never go for it. D* like any other company is going to watch the buying trends and make adjustments as needed. If enough people refuse to lease the equipment, you will see things change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

101 and 119

New DTV Subcriber Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts