New Multi-Sports Pack offer available, NEW CUSTOMERS

I've been with Direct for years and I always hated that I could not just get the Redzone channel. Now its time to move on and give Dish a try. I will gladly take the sports pack for free during football season. Even at $9 bucks that's a good deal.
I had it for free one year with DirecTV. I called them and they gave it to me for free. I watched it a total of 30 minutes the whole year. I maybe different, but I rather just sit down and watch an actual game between two teams that interest me, vs plays from every game, most of which do not interest me.

I watch my Bears live and the rest of the games I watch on Redzone. It's so much better than having commercials and timeouts. I do a lot of fantasy football so the Redzone channel is great.

I had it for free one year with DirecTV. I called them and they gave it to me for free. I watched it a total of 30 minutes the whole year. I maybe different, but I rather just sit down and watch an actual game between two teams that interest me, vs plays from every game, most of which do not interest me.

I asked a couple times for that and was turned down. One rep told me I have to pay for Sunday ticket. He said we just can't give that channel away. I always know it's YMMV with reps. Hey I'm glad someone got it.

I will do the picture in a picture thing with the Hopper when I get it. I will watch my team and then have redzone in the second picture. That way when a commercial comes on I'll switch it.

My main problem with Direct is the fact my HR23 is so damn slow. I called in and asked if I could an HR24 as a replacement. I already have one in the bedroom. I was told sure for $199 and a new two year contract. I'm out of contract and a damn good customer. Why would I do that when I can go to Dish and pay $199 and get two hoppers and the great prices for a year? So that's where I'm at.

You've lost me here. Multisport gives you access to all RSNs dish carries (although HD version availability may be limited by which sats you're pointed at). It's not just the ones you listed, it's all RSNs. The value of the package depends on if you're interested in all the programming available on them (including plenty of college sports from other conferences).

Sorry I wasn't clear in my original post.

Yes, multi-sport gives you access to all the RSN's. It gives you access to a few up and down the east coast, a few in the midwest area of the country and a bunch up and down the west coast.

Maybe it's just the time zone I'm in, but the RSN's all seem to show the same PAC10/12 games. The major east coast and midwest college football teams all seem to be on ABC, NBC, CBS and ESPN. All the pro teams out of area are blacked out except NHL replays. These days, you can see most of the NHL replays on NHLN (in HD).

They consider Hawaii to be part of Southern California and I'd rather watch HD broadcasts of teams I'm actually interested in on MLBN (if I watch baseball at all :)) or some basketball on TNT or ESPN. As for hockey, they black out the LA Kings and the San Jose Sharks here.

So my point was - now that PAC12 will no longer be available on the RSN's, if the PAC12 networks are not added to multi-sport and someone is not interested in NFL Red Zone, the multi-sport package holds less value than it once did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts