New Multi-Sports Pack offer available, NEW CUSTOMERS

I called to see if there were any promotions for mutlisport. I didn't get it for free but I recieved it for half off for six months. I have no problem with that

I called to see if there were any promotions for mutlisport. I didn't get it for free but I recieved it for half off for six months. I have no problem with that

Yea they gave us that promo too.$4.50 mo for Multisport ain't bad.

Nice little plus, watching some of the baseball games that are going over in time, Twins and red sox in the 8th inning :)

The PAC12 network FAQ says that they have a scheduling agreement with FOX Sports. So I'm hoping that if DISH does manage to get an agreement signed with PAC12 Networks - the PAC12 will be included in this multi-sport package (along with the FOX sports channels). The FAQ also says that all the broadcasts will be in HD.

The current PAC 12 Football schedule can be seen at:
Schedule

Also from the FAQ:
What if I have DirecTV, Dish, UVerse, etc.?
We are currently in discussions with many other cable, telco, and satellite distributors who are interested in carrying Pac-12 Networks. We will make information on any new distribution deal available as soon as that deal is completed. In the meantime, you should not hesitate to let your provider know that you are extremely interested in receiving Pac-12 Networks on your system. Don't forget to use our hash tag – #IWantPac12Networks – in your emails, tweets and posts.
You can visit the Channel Finder to find out if Pac-12 Networks is available through your current television provider.

Just saw an ad for FREE Sunday Ticket last night. This is what brought out the free Sports Pack for all last year. Hopefully Dish opens it up to all subs again.

Got it for free for 6 months via chat. Originally they offered 3 months for free, i countered with half off for 6 months. She said 6 months for free! Thanked her and was done

'Agreed! RedZone rules, unless of course, you like constantly flipping the channel and always missing the big play!'

This sounds as if you are more into fantasy football rather than rooting for a particular team. The impression I get is that Sunday ticket is aimed at fans not living in their teams market area.

Don't forget College football fans. The regional sports channels give you plenty of college games and you also get the Big Ten Network.
It'll be interesting to see just how many College football games we see with the multi-sport package in the future.

Excerpted from a Yahoo business page article about the PAC12 networks"
<snip>
"Gone are the days of regional broadcasts on ABC or Fox," Commissioner Larry Scott said. "This is going to be a major change in terms of the national exposure and recognition our conference gets."
<snip>
...under the conference's new $3 billion, 12-year contract with Fox and ESPN that will end the days of regionalization of Pac-12 football games. Fox and ESPN will broadcast 44 football games nationally, with 35 additional games on Pac-12 Networks.

The full article: Pac-12 prepares for launch of network - Yahoo! Finance

the only thing "gone from regional ABC or Fox" is PAc12 games. They are nationwide on Fox, FX, ESPN, ESPN2 or Pac12 net. They may still be on the ABC national game

Schedule

Iceberg said:
the only thing "gone from regional ABC or Fox" is PAc12 games. They are nationwide on Fox, FX, ESPN, ESPN2 or Pac12 net. They may still be on the ABC national game

Schedule

Question:
In my area of coverage, the multi sports package contains primarily west coast RSNs. Do you folks on the east coast get different stations?

I'm an Arizona Wildcats fan and have always found it useful (when I had it) to catch their football games. Not always live, though.

Iceberg said:
multi sport gets you all the RSN's that Dish has right now

If I understand this correctly, multi sport will get NESN, a couple of Midwest RSN's but primarily west coast stations which would be PAC 10 coverage in the past.

I subscribed to multi sport back when it was $5/mo. Just so I could get UO Ducks games and other Pac10 games of interest. Getting delayed NHL games was a bonus - although when MSG was dropped, the value of this package also diminished.

Anyway, based on the statements of the Pac12 commissioner, it sounds like the regional PAC 10/12 coverage that was included in this package is now no longer relevant.

So my question as a subscriber to this package who does not care about NFL Redzone and who has AT250, what value does this package now hold if I don't care about Boston Bruins replays or non-Pac10/12 football?

None of the Pac12 football and basketball games will be on the regional RSN's. So the multi-sport pack won't be any good for people wanting to see them unless Dish carries the Pac12 Nets. I'm crossing my fingers they will (but Dish's history on these matters isn't good). If they do carry them, I can see your home market Pac12 net being part of your local package and the other 5 Pac12 nets being part of the multi-sport package. I'm not sure where the national channel would go.

ttomni6 said:
If I understand this correctly, multi sport will get NESN, a couple of Midwest RSN's but primarily west coast stations which would be PAC 10 coverage in the past.

I subscribed to multi sport back when it was $5/mo. Just so I could get UO Ducks games and other Pac10 games of interest. Getting delayed NHL games was a bonus - although when MSG was dropped, the value of this package also diminished.

Anyway, based on the statements of the Pac12 commissioner, it sounds like the regional PAC 10/12 coverage that was included in this package is now no longer relevant.

So my question as a subscriber to this package who does not care about NFL Redzone and who has AT250, what value does this package now hold if I don't care about Boston Bruins replays or non-Pac10/12 football?

You've lost me here. Multisport gives you access to all RSNs dish carries (although HD version availability may be limited by which sats you're pointed at). It's not just the ones you listed, it's all RSNs. The value of the package depends on if you're interested in all the programming available on them (including plenty of college sports from other conferences).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts