New Mux AMC 7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
no problem :)

If you have access to a DVB-S2 receiver (looks like you have a Sathawk which will work) there are more on
4160 H 29125 DVB-S2

For me anyway one of the two Tp's is a lot stronger on the Sathawk/ Openbox...can't remember which one though. 137w is a tough one for me to get but it stays in there....Easier for me to get than the mux on 87W.....Blind

It's been a long time since I watched anything on W7. It was either the Denver 5 (VC2) or the Alaska mux (FTA) that I last aimed my dish there. Can't remember if the Alaska mux was on W7 or W8.

That's it.... I gotta break out the chainsaw so my 10 footer can see that bird!

you're not missing much. Its just duplicates of the 87W feeds. The S2 feeds are also duplicates. Here is the list of what is active on S2 (there are natinal feeds too)

WHDT-West Palm Beach (the "HD" feed)
WVUE-New Orleans
KGPT-Wichita, KS
KOTA-Rapid City, SD (actually has a slate saying channel available)
KFOX-El Paso, TX
KRTN-Albuquerque, NM (black screen...they dropped RTV for MeTV)
KGEC-Redding, CA

Thanks, Ice. I'll spare the trees -for now- since I get 'em all on 87w. Except that HD one.... but with the type of programming, HD really isn't a necessity. :)

Alaska mux is on AMC7

I guess I can say that the Alaska mux was the last thing I watched since I got rid of the Denver 5 prior to watching it. I know, so what? Just making conversation. :)

Thanks, Ice. I'll spare the trees -for now- since I get 'em all on 87w. Except that HD one.... but with the type of programming, HD really isn't a necessity. :)

you're not missing much. I posted this in the "Luken"article thread

Also I dont get what the big deal is about this "HD" feed. I've watched both the "HD" feed (that is in 720p) and the regular RTV feed (that is in 480) and they look very similar. The "HD" feed is in the same aspect (4x3) as the SD feeds with no black bars at all (not even on commercials)

I guess saying something is in HD folks get giddy. Heck right now I'm watching a college football game that is in "HD" yet my Coolsat 5000 can see it just fine....hmmmm

dang, i finally figured something out here. went to lyngsat and looked at 87w. i always could see ktel there on the k-band but it never showed up on my scan. so looked at the tp and it was 12008/v/5000. finally figured out how to do an edit of a tp on my solomend and changed it to 12009/h/2170. bingo! now i have ktel even though i don't know spanish but figured out the edit. i did see in the past that some receivers have problems with a low bit rate. i do understand that now. and i am beginning to understand that going to a bird and doing a blind scan is just a basic step.
btw, my solomend/sathawk/openbox was dying a few months ago. i was a tech in my working life so opened it up and figured out what was wrong. it always appeared to be a power supply problem so there were a couple of electrolytics that had a bulged top. two were 1000mf/16v and one was 1000mf/25v. replaced them all with 1000mf/25v and box is working fine now. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)