New name for 4DTV for 2011?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I was just thinking about the end of 4DTV as we know it for the end of the year. With the continuation of C band programming on W5, it seems a name change is in order.

Any ideas, suggestions?

F*** you NPS ;)

Hey I heard C-Band is dead?
Nah...my "F*** you NPS" receiver is still running strong on W5 :)

NO-DTV

Looks like it's NO-DTV here after 12/31. My DSR-410 has a bad battery, Skyvision is OUT of them right now, and I've had a classified ad running here for a while about trading a brand new HD-DVB box for a 410, to which I've gotten no responses whatsoever. I refuse to "brick" my 920 into a single-bird receiver, so if a useable 410 doesn't come my way soon, I'm all done with DCII subs on 12/21, when my SRL pack runs out. It was a good run, I guess. :(

Looks like it's NO-DTV here after 12/31. My DSR-410 has a bad battery, Skyvision is OUT of them right now, and I've had a classified ad running here for a while about trading a brand new HD-DVB box for a 410, to which I've gotten no responses whatsoever. I refuse to "brick" my 920 into a single-bird receiver, so if a useable 410 doesn't come my way soon, I'm all done with DCII subs on 12/21, when my SRL pack runs out. It was a good run, I guess. :(

I have a friend that picked up a good 410 for a few bucks at a garage sale the other day so there out there. Don't give up Euro. You know Skyvision will authorize ones from e bay etc. I hope they extend things so we can use a 405 (and others) I have one here. Maybe Skyvision being out of the 410's is a good thing and force them to look for other avenues. Heck orphan 4D's should be all over the place come 1/1/11.

I have a friend that picked up a good 410 for a few bucks at a garage sale the other day so there out there. Don't give up Euro. You know Skyvision will authorize ones from e bay etc. I hope they extend things so we can use a 405 (and others) I have one here. Maybe Skyvision being out of the 410's is a good thing and force them to look for other avenues. Heck orphan 4D's should be all over the place come 1/1/11.

...And I just found one on eBay! Let's hope it doesn't get too high-priced! :D

Thanks, guys. I just got confirmation from the seller that the unit ID is valid. :D:up
...Oh and to get this back on topic, the new name should be "W5-TV" :eek:

Thanks, guys. I just got confirmation from the seller that the unit ID is valid. :D:up
...Oh and to get this back on topic, the new name should be "W5-TV" :eek:

Maybe AITV. :confused: for the AI Icon.
How about NPS Free TV
Hell just call it HITS thats what it is.

4dtv is just called c band,I dont think the 4d name ever really took off. Its like when someone names their cat sparky, but when they call it they say... Here kitty kitty kitty

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)