This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New Names & Price's for DirecTv Packages

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
New Rates for DIRECTV ®
Service:
New prices indicated below take effect March 1, 2007, and will appear on billing statements issued after that date. See the detailed information below as it relates to your service.

Base Packages:
Base packages include local channels, where available. If DIRECTV does not oer local channels in your area, programming packages are $3/mo. less than the listed prices. Visit directv.com/locals to check availability by ZIP code. Packages and their new prices:
PREMIER (formerly TOTAL CHOICE ® PREMIER) $99.99/mo;\
SELECCIÓN PREMIER $99.99/mo;
SELECCIÓN ULTRA $51.99/mo;
SELECCIÓN MÁS $42.99/mo.
SELECT (formerly TOTAL CHOICE ® SELECT)
will increase up to an additional $3/mo.
The following base packages:
*:TOTAL CHOICE ® , TOTAL CHOICE PLUS, OPCIÓN PREMIER, OPCIÓN ULTRA ESPECIAL,
OPCIÓN EXTRA ESPECIAL, OPCIÓN EXTRA, OPCIÓN ESPECIAL, DIRECTV Limited, PLUS DIRECTV, PERSONAL CHOICE, TOTAL CHOICE LIMITED, and TOTAL
CHOICE Value Packages without HBO ® will increase up to an additional $3/mo. Prices for TOTAL CHOICE Value Packages with HBO ® * and TOTAL CHOICE
PLATINUM* will increase up to an additional $4/mo.
*These packages are no longer available for sale.

Customers who currently subscribe to these packages may maintain them as long as their account is in good standing, as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion.

Other Packages:
HBO Premium Movie Service increases an additional $1/mo. (except where included in PREMIER and SELECCIÓN PREMIER). Prices of other premium movie services do not change.
TOTAL CHOICE MOBILE increases an additional $5/mo.,
FilipinoDirect increases an additional $2/mo., and
TFCDirect increases an additional $3/mo.

The DIRECTV ® HD package is no longer available for sale, but customers who currently subscribe to this package
may maintain its current lineup of HD channels for the same fee of $9.99/mo., as long as their account remains in good standing, as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion.

For complete pricing and packaging information, visit directv.com/packages. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change, at any time. Hardware and programming available separately.
Pricing is residential. Taxes not included. Receipt of DIRECTV programming is subject to the terms of the DIRECTV Customer Agreement; a copy is provided at directv.com/legal and in your -rst bill. ©2006 DIRECTV,
Inc. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo, TOTAL CHOICE, SELECCIÓN PREMIER, SELECCIÓN ULTRA , SELECCIÓN MÁS and all other WorldDirect service names are trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. All other
trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: DirecTV

Last edited:
Quite possibly the weakest corporate communication release ever....How many languages can you use in one sentance. For that matter, did they even use sentances?

Long story short - you can keep your package as a current customer for $3 more / month, but any future change moves you to the new packages with more costs / less channels on choce (versus original total choice).

$3 is no big deal, the 15 channel moves, however, is.

FAMILY, $29.99/Monthly.
Over 40 Channels of family programming suitable for all ages. Includes locals.

Choose Package
Learn More

FAMILY - no locals, $29.99/Monthly.
Over 40 Channels of family programming suitable for all ages.

Choose Package
Learn More

CHOICE - no locals, $46.99/Monthly.
Featuring over 140 top networks including movies, sports, family favorites and 50 XM Satellite Radio channels

Choose Package
Learn More

CHOICE XTRA, $54.99/Monthly.
Over 185 channels of our most popular television choices, including the best in movies, sports, music, documentary, educational, specialty, family programming and 68 XM Satellite Radio Channels. Includes locals.

Choose Package
Learn More

CHOICE XTRA - no locals, $51.99/Monthly.
Over 185 channels of our most popular television choices, including the best in movies, sports, music, documentary, educational, specialty, family programming and 68 XM Satellite Radio Channels.

Choose Package
Learn More

PLUS, $59.99/Monthly.
Over 185 channels featuring the best in television, movies, sports, music, documentary, educational, specialty, family and local programming--with the added convenience of DVR service.

Choose Package
Learn More

PLUS - no locals, 56.99/Monthly.
Over 185 channels featuring the best in television, movies, sports, music, documentary, educational, specialty and family programming--with the added convenience of DVR service.

Choose Package
Learn More

PLUS HD, $69.99/Monthly.
Over 185 channels of the most popular channels with DVR and HD service built in. Includes locals.

Choose Package
Learn More

PLUS HD - no locals, $66.99/Monthly.
Over 185 of the most popular channels with DVR and HD service included.

Choose Package
Learn More

PREMIER - $99.99/Monthly.
Our best entertainment package with over 250 channels including locals, 31 premium movie and over 25 specialty sports channels. DVR service is built in. Includes locals.

Choose Package
Learn More

PREMIER - no locals, $96.99/Monthly.
Over best entertainment package with over 250 channels including 31 premium movie and over 25 specialty sports channels. DVR service is even included.

So the Premier package does not include HD? What is so premier about that?

Yes, I even called and asked. Premier doesn't include HD. So you add that for $10.99 and it's $112.

I don't see how that's a discount. Seems like it costs more than Plus HD and adding all the extras. $70 + 12 + 11 + 10 + 10 = $113. Are there more than 4 premiums? HBO, Starz, Showtime, Sports Pack. Cinemax, too?

they are upgrading their site today. i'd wait at least a day as the new pricing goes into affect tomorrow.

the CSR did tell me that HD is extra on the premium. but you know CSRs....

There are 5 premiums. Don't forget HBO is now $13, went up a buck.

they are upgrading their site today. i'd wait at least a day as the new pricing goes into affect tomorrow.

the CSR did tell me that HD is extra on the premium. but you know CSRs....

I had it confirmed by email, it's not unique to the phone CSR's:
Dear Mr. Nuzzo,

I see you have been with us for a while and I just want to let you know that we appreciate your business.

Thanks for taking the time to write us and let us know your concerns about the new packages for 2007. I'm sorry for any confusion that this may have caused you. Please be informed that the Premier package does not include HD Access. However, it can be added at $10.99 per month.

For your reference, HD Access provides access to our superior HD technology and content. You'll get access to all the HD programming available with your base package and other services.

If you are interested in more information about our new packages, please visit directv.com/packages.

I hope that this information has been helpful. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by calling our toll free number at 1-800-531-5000.

Sincerely,

Richelle C

Employee ID ***********

DIRECTV Customer Service

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I was just looking at this myself. My contract is up in two months and I wanted to se what D* would due for existing HD customers, I have a H10-250 & H10 receivers which I assume I own. I got tied up in hteir phone tree becaue they were very busy right now.

I went over to DISH and their prices seem better. Some better deals as well. I hit ths AllSat site and they have another rebate covering the activation fee.

Then I saw the CoolSAT 8000 when I clicked here and that has me interested as well. What are the rest of you doing?

I looked at Dish because they have more HD today. My wife really wanted Food Network and HGTV in HD.

Their pricing was actually a couple dollars more for the package I have. With the D* price hike it's probably about the same, within a few dollars.

Contract wasn't up until September, but I wanted to make a decision now, so that if I stuck with D* I could do another upgrade in August for the media room I am working on.

I decided I'd rather stick with all the equipment I already have, all the channel line-up I already know, Sunday Ticket, and hope and pray they add more HD channels this year rather than go to Dish.

So I got the HR20 installed today for $99 total. Will get another at the end of summer for the media room.

Would have done cable (ease of use w/ multiple rooms) but Time Warner/Comcast here is a total nightmare and have less HD then D*.

What am I doing? Nothing. Both Dish and cable have raised prices as well.
Cable here sucks.
Dish drops channels on you at the drop of a hat (Court TV) and they don't have my HD locals.

DirecTV. HR20 rocks. Getting a 2nd one soon hopefully. Sunday Ticket. Sign me up for a 5 year commitment for all I care. Nuff said.

DirecTV ain't the company I used to love.

And then I consider what else is out there. Seems every company stinks. I know the real solution is to hark back to the simpler times of living with broadcast local stations -- and never mind this thing called cable television.

Easier said than done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.