New Names & Price's for DirecTv Packages

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mr. Directv,

I've been a D* customer for about six years and upgraded to the HR10-250 DVR and 3LNB dish about 9 months ago (when I got an HD TV). But, now I'm interested in a HR20 and 5LNB (in order to receive my local RSN chanels in HD........as well as being future proofed). What's the best deal going? Any advice/tips would be appreciated.

Couple of questions in reply

1.) When did you upgrade like how long ago.

2.) Currently how many perks are you getting from DTV.

Mr. Directv,
When will I be able to recieve FSN Detroit in HD.
I am 48 miles from the station, but 500 ft inside the Ohio line.
I pay extra to get the FSN D and get the SD signal, D* won't give me the HD signal, even though FSN D says I should get it, as does everyone at D*'s offices anyone from the 1st level CSR's up to the supervisors and the HD Advanced Tech dept.

I have a Signal of 90+ on the appropriate transponder (99 or 103, I don't remember which of the top of my head).

Another thing I can't understand, FSN D is only 48 miles away and FSN Ohio, is anywhere from 2-3 hours away, why won't they give me FSN D as my local , it's obviously much more local than the FSN Ohio ...

Jimbo

^^

Mr. DirecTV wouldn't know, by this point I can tell he is an obvious troll that can not spell and does not represent DirecTV in any fashion.

Here is an example of the blatantly false and misspelled advice he spews: (a thread regarding Dish Network HD locals -- http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=90815 )

With directv - You need an off air att.

I dont know about dish, i also know you can prolly get a DNS waiver. if you dont know what that is, its a Distant network. Im hoping a rep from Dish jumps in this comment at anytime.

Mr. Directv,

I've been a D* customer for about six years and upgraded to the HR10-250 DVR and 3LNB dish about 9 months ago (when I got an HD TV). But, now I'm interested in a HR20 and 5LNB (in order to receive my local RSN chanels in HD........as well as being future proofed). What's the best deal going? Any advice/tips would be appreciated.

I would advise you to wait 3 more months.The best deal will be when they get their new HD channels up they're going to want to bring customers across.;)

So what's the difference between my current Total Choice Plus + Tivo/DVR fee and the new Choice Xtra? (besides the price) Should I just stick with what I have, or upgrade? I can't really tell what the difference is. Thanks!

So what's the difference between my current Total Choice Plus + Tivo/DVR fee and the new Choice Xtra? (besides the price) Should I just stick with what I have, or upgrade? I can't really tell what the difference is. Thanks!

It's not positioned as an upgrade. It's just a new name, new packaging, and applies to new customers. There is no reason to change just for the new package name, and they won't ask you to.

It's not positioned as an upgrade. It's just a new name, new packaging, and applies to new customers. There is no reason to change just for the new package name, and they won't ask you to.
Sounds good, I'll stick with what I have. Thanks for the info!

Are you sure? I have TC+ with DVR, HBO, STARZ, SHO. I don't get CSTV and never have.

Really? Well maybe they were having a free view.Only thing I know is I was getting CSTV with TC+.Then when I was having receiver problems and doing receiver exchanges a CSR lost my package(TC+) and I couldn't get it back.So D* gave me a deal I couldn't refuse to make up for their mistake.:up

Got the Premier package yesterday.Got to say that package is worth every penny.
Figured roughly if purchased separate it would cost $135. instead of $99.99.There's so many sports channels I might have to become a sports fan.So far am very satisfied with the Premier package.;)

This is my current package:

Current Charges for Service Period 03/25/07 - 04/24/07
onepixelBlue.gif

03/25 04/24 TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly 51.99
trans.gif

03/25 04/24 HBO and SHOWTIME Monthly 24.00
trans.gif
03/25 04/24 HD Access Monthly 9.99
trans.gif

03/25 04/24 Block Viewing Data Collection 0.00
trans.gif

03/25 04/24 DIRECTV DVR Service Fee Monthly 5.99
trans.gif
trans.gif

Fees
onepixelBlue.gif

03/26 Additional Receiver 4.99
trans.gif
trans.gif

Taxes
onepixelBlue.gif

Sales Tax 4.55
trans.gif
onepixelBlue.gif

AMOUNT DUE$101.51

But when I priced the equivalent new package it was a few dollars more? Not sure how much longer I can justify this cost. Just for sheets and giggles I went to my cable website. I priced unlimited long distance and local digital phone, 5/2 internet (which I already have) and deluxe digital TV service, HD DVR, all HD channels with HD locals and HBOHD, CINHD and SHoHD.

EVERYTHING came to 160 bucks a month!!

Last edited:
This is my current package:

Current Charges for Service Period 03/25/07 - 04/24/07
onepixelBlue.gif

03/25 04/24 TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly 51.99
trans.gif

03/25 04/24 HBO and SHOWTIME Monthly 24.00
trans.gif
03/25 04/24 HD Access Monthly 9.99
trans.gif

03/25 04/24 Block Viewing Data Collection 0.00
trans.gif

03/25 04/24 DIRECTV DVR Service Fee Monthly 5.99
trans.gif
trans.gif

Fees
onepixelBlue.gif

03/26 Additional Receiver 4.99
trans.gif
trans.gif

Taxes
onepixelBlue.gif

Sales Tax 4.55
trans.gif
onepixelBlue.gif

AMOUNT DUE$101.51

But when I priced the equivalent new package it was a few dollars more? Not sure how much longer I can justify this cost. Just for sheets and giggles I went to my cable website. I priced unlimited long distance and local digital phone, 5/2 internet (which I already have) and deluxe digital TV service, HD DVR, all HD channels with HD locals and HBOHD, CINHD and SHoHD.

EVERYTHING came to 160 bucks a month!!

I've got exactly the same service as you. Instead of taking a package with local TimeWarner, I use them only for RoadRunner broadband ($44) and get my phone service from AT&T Callvantage ($25). The savings isn't all that much from my viewpoint (I'm not going to sweat over $10/month), and D* is giving me the option of seeing out of market MLB and NFL that I can't get with TWC. If I do anything with my package, it might be to spring the extra few $ for Premier.

Premier is well worth the price.If you want HD prgramming and DVR 3 or more Premium channel packs .this is the best deal.I priced Choice Plus HD with HBO STARZ and MAX and it was only 6 dollars cheaper per month then to have everything.If you have 4 premium packs it 2 dollars more then the everything pack. See for yourself WWW.DIRECTV.com and go to Change my channels. Just don't "submit "when you get to the end .Just hit "start over" And you can do it all over again ,and see all the prices.

are the extra movie stations worth it...I just dont see too many movies that are worth the extra investment???

Maybe I am missing something

Honestly,I don't think any of the premium channels are worth what they charge.But I have HD and DVR ,so my base package is $69.99 No matter what. What I'm saying is for $30 more per month ,I can have everything.If you have Standard Def you have alot more options.Maybe when Directv gets all the HD channels we are all waiting for ,I could lower my package ,and still be Happy.but for $69 there is not much more in the line up then in the Choice plus package.So I always look for the best deal I can get.

I am currently subscribed to the Plus HD DVR package, HBO promo for three months ending July 17/07.

Personally there are a few shows I really like and will probably continue subscribing to HBO for the $13?

In total I pay $83 for all this plus the MLB package LOL gee lots of TV!!

Is the extra $26 worth all the channels which included HD channels? I am thinking my DVR will get much more use when September rolls around and the hope of more HD channels.

thanks

Not sure I understand the question. Extra $26? You mean for HD Package and HBO and DVR? I personally think a DVR is the best thing ever invented in electronics on top of the TV. I love HD but would take DVR over HD. But I dont have to. Its been stated no increase in package cost this year with all the new HD. Next year will be a different story.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)