New NBC-HD suite channels plus Golf HD

Much to my surprise the new channels were live this morning. We usually have to wait til last day of roll out.

VersusHD - was black screen
USAHD - Monk in HD
SciFiHD - paid programming
BravoHD - paid programming
CNBCHD - no interest did not check
GolfHD - SD programming

where are you? I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm in central NJ and I am usually the last day for these things too.

As of this morning they have not added these channels in Brooklyn, NY. Does anyone know if they will add them by tomorrow (12/5)?

The new channels are up & running in the Norwalk,CT system as of the morning of 12/4. so you guys will be the next for sure :cool:

UPDATE!... upon viewing the SCIFI HD channel I noticed that the logo in the lower corner does not say SCIFIHD just plain old SCIFI ..Is CV pulling a fast one on us here & just pushing the SD channel into the #748 HD channel slot & since the PQ does not look all that much different ....just w/ the side bars as is when the show is not really in HD (& I know to make it full screen use the remote &/or the setting menu) ...anyone care to comment on this?

Last edited:
UPDATE!... upon viewing the SCIFI HD channel I noticed that the logo in the lower corner does not say SCIFIHD just plain old SCIFI ..Is CV pulling a fast one on us here & just pushing the SD channel into the #748 HD channel slot & since the PQ does not look all that much different ....just w/ the side bars as is when the show is not really in HD (& I know to make it full screen use the remote &/or the setting menu) ...anyone care to comment on this?
not every show is in HD

Cha$e (3-4 pm) was in HD

If you are not seeing the SciFi HD logo than you are watching th sd channel
Most of the new additions over the last few months have little HD content
BTW Lost City Raiders and Bruce Almight are in HD this evening

..I think that everyone is missing the point of my post ...I have Ch.#748 (SCIFI "HD") on the Norwalk,Ct. system now & @ the lower right hand side it just has the SCIFI logo & NOT... SCIFI HD as it should as I have seen that logo on other systems ...& you would still see the HD logo to idenify the channel from the the SD one even if the program is not in HD itself as the HD logo is shown on USA HD & others .... if you can check it yourself you will see what I mean & post what you see...(& btw it is not in SDV)

Last edited:
..I think that everyone is missing the point of my post ...I have Ch.#748 (SCIFI "HD") on the Norwalk,Ct. system now & @ the lower right hand side it just has the SCIFI logo & NOT... SCIFI HD as it should as I have seen that logo on other systems ...& you would still see the HD logo to idenify the channel from the the SD one even if the program is not in HD itself as the HD logo is shown on USA HD & others .... if you can check it yourself you will see what I mean & post what you see...(& btw it is not in SDV)
sci fi HD only has the HD logo when it is showing content in HD. that's better in my opinion that just putting the HD logo 24/7, to differentiate when they are showing HD or not

short answer - when you see the HD logo, it's in HD; when you don't, it's not HD

sci fi HD only has the HD logo when it is showing content in HD. that's better in my opinion that just putting the HD logo 24/7, to differentiate when they are showing HD or not

short answer - when you see the HD logo, it's in HD; when you don't, it's not HD
Yes I found that out today that they switch between SD & HD formats along w/ the logos.. I don't really like it as none of the other channels do this as it makes it look like they(CV/programers) are trying to put one over on us but I guess its all for the best ...oh well on to the next crisis. :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:
Yes I found that out today that they switch between SD & HD formats along w/ the logos.. I don't really like it as none of the other channels do this as it makes it look like they(CV/programers) are trying to put one over on us but I guess its all for the best ...oh well on to the next crisis. :rolleyes: :cool:

i noticed bravo does this also

Yes that one along with USA too... so we can expect the rest of the NBC family of channels to to the same btw isn't A&E & History part of NBC or are they owned by ABC (Disney)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)