New OTA Channels' Scanning Problem in Hopper ?

mario315

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 20, 2008
Florida
Since last week I have been unable to delete OTA Channels (in the EPG) scanned with my OTA Module in all my Hoppers..... I was able to do this previously.... I called DISH Tech Support and they told me I needed to replace my Hoppers as they "were now defective." .... I yelled back "What ? You mean to tell me that all my 4 Hoppers have gone bad all at once ???".... I did not schedule the service call hoping to get some answers here first....

Is anyone here seeing the same problem ? The "delete" capsule in the "Diagnostics: Over the Air Locals" menu page now does NOT light up/open up when you select/check off an OTA channel you wish to delete...

This is a big problem here in South Florida because we now have 8 of those invincible mobile TV channel frequencies showing up as TV channels even though there is no video/audio on them.... This means all my Program Guides are now populated with a long list of 8 mobile cell phone channels I was previously able to delete in the Hopper menu....

So, are my Hoppers "defective" (as Tech Support claims) or did DISH take this "delete OTA" feature away last week ???..... Thanks in advance for any help with this !

Here too. The 'Delete' and 'Edit' buttons flash when I select a channel but like you said, you can't select those buttons.

I reported this to the tech department at DISH too by email and phone call. I suggest that y'all do the same if you want any results.

I reported this to the tech department at DISH too by email and phone call. I suggest that y'all do the same if you want any results.

Thanks all for confirming that my Hoppers were not "defective" as DISH Tech Support claimed..... Amazing that they would have had me change out 4 receivers for a new problem they themselves created !

And while we're at it, does anyone know when they will finally give us the "add individual OTA channels" feature we always had available prior to the Hoppers ???

Always ask here or DIRT first for a straightforward answer :) .

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Same problem here. A real pain scrolling 6 channels I don't want in the guide to get where I want to be. Rebooted, re rebooted, reinstall module. NOTHING. Hey DISH! Fix it! And give us the add locals feature NOW.

I've been wanting the ADD feature for a long time now. I used it to specify which ota version of Mytx since there are two out there with different digital channels. I seem to only get the weaker one no matter how many times I scan it. My tv tuner has no problem picking up both versions and lets me even delete the weaker one. It is way past time for DISH to add the ota ADD feature.

I've been wanting the ADD feature for a long time now. I used it to specify which ota version of Mytx since there are two out there with different digital channels. I seem to only get the weaker one no matter how many times I scan it. My tv tuner has no problem picking up both versions and lets me even delete the weaker one. It is way past time for DISH to add the ota ADD feature.

Same issue here in South Florida with Channel 8 (WGEN-TV), the Mundo Fox affiliate.... They have 3 digital OTA frequencies and the Hopper keeps picking up the weakest one.... I, too, used to be able to add (on my VIP 722) the strongest RF channel for them.... Now, with the Hopper, all I get on the OTA frequency "picked" by the Hopper is constant picture break-ups (because of the low signal strength)...

And adding insult to injury, we now can't even delete scanned OTA channels anymore, especially the mobile blank ones !.... It all begs the question: are the veteran DISH engineers retiring ?

I also really need the ADD button fixed. I also need the delete button fixed also. Seems they released the OTA tuner and then those working on it either left or moved to an other team.

Dish,
You did not finish the product yet (OTA Tuner product). From day one you a button not working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)