new please HELP swm5 lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

maxx09

Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
carol stream,il
ok i got a slimline swm5 with a power inserter and a 8 way splitter,so i did the install i ran rg6 to the power inserter then one from that to the 8way then to a hr24-500 now i ran one to a r15-300 and just the hr24 works so here are my b??? 1# how do i get the hr24 to record one program and watch a differnt program 2# the r15-300 just don't work what do i need to do it did work befor i got the swm5 lnb

The R15 wont work with a SWM setup...plain and simple. Unless you have the SWM multiswitch (and not the splitter). The multiswitch has legacy ports for the R15

If you have one line hooked up to the splitter you need to rerun satellite setup so it acknowledges the SWM setup

when i got it all they said it was a single wire swm5 with buit in 8 channel multiswitch..and is that rerun a line to the splitter back to the hr24 for the record one watch something differnt

do you have the multiswitch or just the splitter?

this is the multiswitch
61940d1298093405-new-please-help-swm5-lnb-swm-8_zoom-jpg

Attachments

• SWM-8_zoom.jpg
    SWM-8_zoom.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 218
just the splitter so they gave me i line of bs about it being built it?and is this what i need for the record thing i was talking about

The set up you have will work both tuners using 1 line on the HR24 without any issues so you can record a show and change channels.

If it is not, then go back in to your satellite set in your menu and repeat satellite setup.
Make sure it is set up on dual tuner. It may still be set up on single.

As far as the R15 goes, like stated it will not work.
To get the R15 to work properly you will need a swm multiswitch like posted.
If you want both tuners working on it, you will need to run 2 lines.
Unfortunately those switches are expensive.
You will also need to run a legacy LNB to it (the 4 line LNB).

A cheaper way to achieve this would to be to run it off a separate standard dish.

If you don't want a second dish, then you may even find that upgrading to MRV would be cheaper then multiswitch itself and you will have the cool feature of DVR sharing.

No, the cards are married to the receivers but any receiver you get online should have its own access card.

If you "buy" a receiver, it is still leased.
First thing to do is call D* and see what they will offer it to you for. However, that does not guarantee a particular model.

If you decide to get one on line, the best is the HR24 if you want an HD/DVR.
Another trick that may save you money is to get a R22 which is a standard def DVR but when activated on a HD account will become HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)