New PocketDish User - Music Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jasonbonz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
Kansas City, MO
I just purchased a PocketDish AV500e and am pretty impressed with it...One Exception..

Accoring to ARCHOS technical support, the AV500 is "plays for sure" compatible with music subcriptions and they maintain the AV500E is also. Every time I try to sync with subcription music, I get an error that the firmware/device is not subsciption compatible.

Archos says there is no firmware update, but really don't know what to say when I tell them my errors...

I am not impressed with their support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I don't think the Pocketdish or anything but an iPod can connect to iMusic (or whatever Apple's music store is called), but I downloaded from eMusic (free for 30 day trial) onto my computer and copied them to my Pocketdish. I have my own CDs in Windows Media Player, but I store them as MP3s. I moved them to the Pocketdish too and have had no problem playing any of them. I haven't synced them, just copied them from the computer onto the Pocketdish. Maybe that's the difference?

Good luck!

Yeah 'Plays for Sure' is a WMA thing if i'm not mistaken. Napster / Rhapsody. Only iPods are compatible with iTunes as far as subscription stuff goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts