Dish 1000 installed...low 129 readings

otsmiles

Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
The installer took the dish 500 when he installed the dish 1000. I can't get a clear signal for more than five minutes. Talk about pissed. Dish is having someone else come out on Thursday to check things out. Is there anything that I can do in the mean time?
Install Date: 04-10-06
Sat 61.5 : wrong sat message
Sat 110 : asimuth 202, elev. 47, skew 114, tp 17, Sign Str 80
Sat 119 : asimuth 202, elev. 47, skew 114, tp 17, Sign Str 90
Sat 129 : asimuth NA, elev. NA, skew NA, tp 17, Sign Str 55

Sat Input 1
1, 119, OK, TWIN
2, 110, OK, TWIN
3, 129, OK, TWIN

I don't know what these numbers mean or if its clear that anythings is out of order, or if it's just a clear sign that I need to have the dish relocated to a better location. The pq when it is in is very nice....... when it is in.........
Any ideas or previous discussions that has this content covered are welcomed.
Thanks, Michael

I split this off into its own thread :)

yes 129 is a low signal bird. Dish might move another satellite there (we can hope)

My numbers in St. Louis were almost identical to yours when i first installed my 1000. Raising the elevation 1 degree more that the chart said increased my reception by 10 points on 110/119 and by 20 points on 129.

The problem is is the only use a Squaker to peak it can sound the same but be the differance of 10 points on that 129. My guy thought he had it peaked by sound but looked at meeter and got it even stronger!

Good luck!

Since Feb 6th I have had every installer, every manager they could come up with trying to resolve my 129 issue. They have repeaked the dish, replaced the lnb's, replaced the 211 receiver, installed a dish 300 just for 129 and finally installed a dish 500 for the 129 satellite. Bottom line it still does not work. I cannot believe with all of the wining I see on this site that there is not a major out cry about this situation.

Kalama, I will be there springer fishing on Saturday! Love your town. I live up here in Marsyville. I have very good signal with my 622 with a dish 500 for 129. I get 68-75 signal and have had no dropoffs. If they are installing correctly you should be having ZERO problems with a 500.

I have a Dish 1000 in the midwest, and I was having trouble getting both 110 and 129 at the same time. I could get one or the other, but not both. Turns out, my mast was WAY off plumb. I re-mounted the mast myself, set the skew & elevation per the manual, and was able to get 110 and 129 up to 79. A week later they sent a field service manager and he got 110 up to 88, but 129 stayed the same.

Here's the thread describing what I did to get all 3 birds up:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59224

I'd try checking to see if your mast is level, and if that's OK, maybe take a look at your skew. You're in a different part of the country than me, so this may be of no use to you.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I read your thread kelton and must say we (my wife) had a very unpleasant experience with the 'installer' too. He made the statement that he was hungry and he would work for tips (in reference to droping a new line for our old receiver that dish said would be on the work order at no cost). My wife called dish who said not to pay him that he would be told to do the service. At the end he told my wife, "Don't worry about the tip thing since i dinged up your wall." A complaint was filed with dish who said they would forward the info to the local company. My wife said that if she was by herself she would not have let this guy in the house ( her mother was with her). His appearance gave her the creeps. He also stated that he was not competent to hook up the hdmi cable or digital audio cable since it wasn't provided by dish ( he didn't want to mess up our surround system). I spoke on the phone to him from work, "... if you are incompetent, then DO NOT do it, I'll do it when I get home." He told my wife that they didn't train him/pay him for stuff like that. I'm almost able to laugh about it now...... almost.....
Tomorrow 'they' are supposed to be out to check the system to see if it can be imporved. I'm hoping things go much better. If not I'll be checking these DIY instructions more closely. Thanks Again, Michael

Is there a default setting for the transponders if so, how can I change it... I am getting a better signal strength on tp 13 but it seems to default 30 which is terrible for 129. I've gone into the setup and point dish... but it changes immediately back to tp30. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks Michael

You can't change what TPs the channel is coming from on your receiver. Dish Network uplinks the channels to the different TPs in the satellites and your receiver will tune in to the TP based on what channel you want to watch. The problem here is with 129 is a very old and weak satellite, the signals are too low.

A bigger dish should help but I would call Dish Network and tell them that you have a low signal on 129. They should come and repeak the dish and that might help reduce signal drops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)