New privacy option on directv.com site (account page)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdtvtechno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
While browsing the my accounts on directv.com site

i noticed in the my profile section of the account page

there is a option

Viewing Data Collection
DIRECTV collects anonymous information about viewing choices from all customers unless they request that we block their receivers. You may change your viewing data collection preference below. Please allow two weeks for the change to take effect.

Anonymous Data Collection
Your receivers collect information about viewing habits, but the information is not tied to your account.
Allow Data Collection
Your receivers collect personally identifiable information about viewing habits.
Do Not Allow Data Collection
Your receivers do not collect information about viewing habits.

you can pick and choose which option you want about your privacy being kept secret about your viewing

hdtvtechno said:
While browsing the my accounts on directv.com site

i noticed in the my profile section of the account page

there is a option

Viewing Data Collection
DIRECTV collects anonymous information about viewing choices from all customers unless they request that we block their receivers. You may change your viewing data collection preference below. Please allow two weeks for the change to take effect.

Anonymous Data Collection
Your receivers collect information about viewing habits, but the information is not tied to your account.
Allow Data Collection
Your receivers collect personally identifiable information about viewing habits.
Do Not Allow Data Collection
Your receivers do not collect information about viewing habits.

you can pick and choose which option you want about your privacy being kept secret about your viewing

Already discussed quite thoroughly.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=65834

Of course it's a comspiracy- Les Nessman

"Les: In the top story of the day, General Wallace Nasami, head of the emerging nation of Nibia, denied his new government was a dictatorship and promised free elections as soon as each citizen of the small country learned to play a musical instrument.

Les: Turning to sports, the winner of this week's Gulf Coast Golf Classic was Chiy-Chiy Rodwigweez. Chiy-Chiy finished with a nine under par score.
Johnny: Chi-Chi Rodrigues.
Les: Hopefully, Mister Rodwigweez will play up to par next competition."

I just went to my acct and none of the options were highlighted, is their default really anonymous??

Digital Dude said:
I just went to my acct and none of the options were highlighted, is their default really anonymous??

Yes, that is how it was made. If it didn't send information anonymously then both NDS and DirecTV would be in a whole lot of trouble.

It might actually be a good thing if it gives them information on what we do and do not like to watch. This way we could see more of the shows that we like to watch.

Stargazer said:
It might actually be a good thing if it gives them information on what we do and do not like to watch. This way we could see more of the shows that we like to watch.

That was the idea.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)