Status
Please reply by conversation.

RimaNTSS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2013
Riga
Hi!
Some time ago I laid my hands on another 1,8m Prodelin, as I was told it is Series 3180 Ka-band one. It came on polar-mount and with aluminum LNB-holder holding IBU in it (do not know whether this holder is original).
This dish slightly bigger then Series 1183 with working area 14mm wider and 85mm taller. And it has F/D ratio 0.5.
So, my project would probably be like:
- washing
- changing all nuts&bolts to INOX
- strengthening polar-mount
- changing feedarms to new ones
- perhaps also converting to dual-reflection system.

Will not have possibility to install this antenna, so, by now I would like to collect more information about it.
ScreenHunter_33 Oct. 12 10.42.jpg IMG_20141017_124553 (Large).jpg IMG_20141018_115755 (Large).jpg IMG_20141207_084043 (Large).jpg

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
Yes, I've seen this datasheet. But then I discovered this (attachment) drawing. And discovered that back of dish is similar, but front is completely different (on mine working area goes all around about 15 mm from the edge) and also dimensions are different, mine is 1800 x 2015 mm, and one from drawing has 1810 x 1896 mm. So, I am still not sure about brand :coco

Attachments

• 3180 back.pdf
    79 KB · Views: 194
According to this datasheet there are 2 sizes of 3180 reflectors each with a different offset angle. try to match which one you have.

Attachments

• ANT geometry 4000-031.pdf
    55.3 KB · Views: 177
None of those antennas have similar measurements. I put all data in small table where 1 and 2 antennas from datasheet and #3 (yellow) is mine antenna.
ScreenHunter_105 Dec. 08 18.12.jpg

Is your focal length measured or documented?? Have a feeling they changed specifications without changing model #. (I hate it when they do that - should at least add a letter to the model# when 'improved')

I've measured very precisely major and minor diameter (of course I also measured depth of antenna), and calculated the rest. If they did so, than it is already old issue.... antenna I got is at least 5 y.o.

I would love to have custom build antenna, but do not believe this is the case, as previous owner said he bought it new and price was less than 1000EUR. I would not like to fully believe him, but something tells me that if price he payed several years ago was bigger than he would ask for more money. And yes, he sold antenna cuz he already moved to another house and dish was stayed in the shed in old house where another people already moved in.
I do not know exact origin of this dish, just feel it is not bad one. Hopefully will find out the name someday just for the information.

OMG I would love to have one like that! I have a 1.8m Prodelin but it's a fixed mount.
From everything I've ever read, polar mount of this dish is pretty scarce..

Polar mounts for Prodelin dishes maybe seldom, but I am not sure dish I have is Prodelin.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts