New PTAT issue?

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
Last night while watching the Redskins game on my local NBC feed I experienced frequent & severe image breakup and sound dropouts. In checking other channels I found some (but less) interruption of the other 3 locals but all other channels were perfect. During this time PTAT was recording all 4 locals via the single tuner and the only thing running was my primary monitor on the Hopper - no Joey in use.

I happened to notice that at the instant the PTAT finished its recording & the light went off all the image breakups & sound drops disappeared. Today I checked the PTAT recording and found them to have recorded the same broadcast as viewed live, glitches & all. This occurred in clear weather with a strong signal and has never happened before.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Could have possibly been a network problem?? Would explain the other networks looking fine. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Could have possibly been a network problem?? Would explain the other networks looking fine. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Could be. It was so odd for it to happen like that and I've seen no more of it since. I don't pretend to grasp whether locals are beamed up to a DISH collector individually or all together collectively for down linking but this operation may have been the culprit.

Spoke too soon, problem returned. Packers/Vikings game is unwatchable.

Having the same issue watching packers game. Seems like when they play the thing that flashes before they show a replay, the picture is horrible. I actually checked my HD settings to make sure it is set to 1080i. So it's not the hopper, I have a 922.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

if you don't have a problem on the other big 4 then it's your local NBC. With PTAT all 4 channels come on the same satellite and transponder.

As I said in my original post, all locals are affected although less frequently & less severe than NBC. It's also sporadic, went days before reoccurring.

EDIT: Tonight (Sunday, 01-06-13) even the local CBS feed is breaking up horribly every few minutes with PTAT recording.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)