New Receiver "Knows" My Team. How is that possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jborchel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
I just replaced an HR34 Genie with an HR44. When I chose the option "Add to My Team" on a planned recording of a SF Giant game it indicated that the Giants were already one of my teams. How did the HR44 know this? Is D* using a "Cloud" approach to special programming features on the Genie's?

When you call in we are supposed to ask, then it gets stored on the account and the Genie can pull in that info

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When you call in we are supposed to ask, then it gets stored on the account and the Genie can pull in that info

Really ?
Thats interesting ....
I don't think anyone ever asked me who I follow ...

My guess would be that the recvr has your zip code in it from set up and presumed the closest team was yours....

It's true! It's not required that we ask just suggested. It's one of the talking points direct gives us to keep people talking.

But the receiver does pull the info in if added.

Really ?
Thats interesting ....
I don't think anyone ever asked me who I follow ...

My guess would be that the recvr has your zip code in it from set up and presumed the closest team was yours....

That may be the way it works but I live 400 miles away from the Giants. Maybe that is why it didn't work on the HR34. I was hoping that it would be fixed on the 44. I won't know for sure until the Giants play again on Friday. The 44 did not automatically record the game yesterday. Maybe Tater0388 knows why it's not working.

That may be the way it works but I live 400 miles away from the Giants. Maybe that is why it didn't work on the HR34. I was hoping that it would be fixed on the 44. I won't know for sure until the Giants play again on Friday. The 44 did not automatically record the game yesterday. Maybe Tater0388 knows why it's not working.
So, your saying that its suppose to Automatically record YOUR game, without you telling it to do anything ?
Mine has never done anything like that, do you have to set it up ?
What did you do to have it tell you who your team was ?

I have set up the MY Teams in the Extra's and I think that recording the game is an option, but it basically is a page that tells you where your team plays and when ... I like it.

It's automatic recording. I have the San Jose Sharks set up with it on Center Ice and it works. However, it has never worked with the Giants. I was hoping someone here could tell me why.

I thought when you assigned a team to your team that was to automatically record every game.

Can you tell me how to find my teams to see if I have subscribed to a Season Record for my Giants. I only got there this last time through an indirect method.

Menu/ Recordings/ Manage Recordings/ To Do List

This will tell you what is going to Record in the next 14 days.

I think you can delete from here as well if needed.

That's not it. How do I get to my teams through the menu system?
I gave you the route to find what was going to be recorded.

You asked about that here:
"Can you tell me how to find my teams to see if I have subscribed to a Season Record for my Giants"

Now, to find the "My Teams" area, I think your refering to:
Menu / Search and Browse / Sports / My Teams

If you follow thru the My Team prompts, you CAN find a Record Team option.
ANYTHING chosen here to record should also show up in the To Do section I pointed out earlier.

I did find the My Teams located in Search/Sports. Then I found "Season Record" for my team, the Giants. It did automatically record the game last night. So far, so good. However, it chose the Reds broadcast station instead of the Giants station. I'm a Giants fan. I want to watch the Giants telecast not the Reds. How can I fix that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)