New Receiver Question

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I know very little about my Dish connections, but I'll do my best to frame this question. I have a Dish 1000 with a 322 in my bedroom (which also feeds another bedroom on the opposite side of the house) and a 211 in the living room. All of my TV's are connected to a wall outlet. Are all of my oulets receiving the same signal or does the 322 send a different type of signal directly to the other bedroom (TV2)?

The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to take advantage of the Dish'n It Up promotion and add a 211 to the room that is now TV2 from the 322. Can I just run the coax that now plugs directly into TV2 into the Satellite In on the 211? Will this provide the proper signal to feed the 211 or is this outlet only carrying a specific signal that feeds TV2 of a 322? Sorry for the elementary question.

There is a chance that the coax going to the TV2 bedroom goes from the bedroom with the 322 to a central point then to bedroom 2. If so, you could change the configuration at the central point, (most likely near your electric breakers) to go from your dish/switch directly to bedroom 2. Otherwise you are going to have get a single coax to bedroom 2 from the dish/switch and not use the current coax.

The 211 will need its own coax back to the switch/satellite dish

In other words, the signal that comes from that outlet is not sufficient? Is it only carrying the TV2 signal from the 322? How does the wall outlet in the living room carry the correct signal for the 211? Keep in mind that I have no coax coming into the house other than through the wall outlets.

In other words, the signal that comes from that outlet is not sufficient? Is it only carrying the TV2 signal from the 322? How does the wall outlet in the living room carry the correct signal for the 211? Keep in mind that I have no coax coming into the house other than through the wall outlets.

If TV2 is working now and using existing single wall outlet, and the 322 only has a single wall outlet, somewhere their's a junction box where all the rooms wall outlets meet at a common point, you need a dedicated coax to the swicth/satellite dish for each receiver.

Your wall outlets can't be 'daisy chained'

To be the TV2..the signal for the second bedroom must come out of the 322. Somehow the installer "hooked it up" that way. Likewise with the 211 in the living room...the installer must have done something that makes it get the feed directly from the Satellite. I'm sure if you order another 211 they'll have an installer come and do it for you...

To be the TV2..the signal for the second bedroom must come out of the 322. Somehow the installer "hooked it up" that way. Likewise with the 211 in the living room...the installer must have done something that makes it get the feed directly from the Satellite. I'm sure if you order another 211 they'll have an installer come and do it for you...

That is fine. I'm just trying to avoid a situation where I order another 211 only to be told that they are going to have to cut a whole in a wall or something like that to get the proper signal for the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)