622 studder

fortinjlf

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Terre Haute, IN
New to the forum, and I hope someone can answer a question that I hope hasn't already been queried and answered before.
I have a Dish Vip 622 connected via HDMI directly to a Sony 46XBR2 and have been noticing a studder of sorts on certain channels. It is most noticible on CNN's crawl at the bottom of the screen. Only happens once in a while, but it is annoying.
After an e-mail to tech department, I was advised to do a reset - with no avail. After reading on other forums, I learned that the upcoming software upgrade with the PIP upgrade was also to address this issue.
Any info greatly appreciated.

This is what is commonly referred to as video jitter. I haven't seen it on either of my 622s for the last couple software releases.

I get that but with the end result of an audio sync issue. Mainly on fox for some reason... The audio studders for a split second, then the audio is out of sync with the video. If you change the channel to something else, its fine, but once it happens its screwed up for the rest of the night. And it seems to be worst on fox. House was way off sync. American Idol was slightly off, but when I watched the Unit it was fine...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)