New receivers dishnetwork

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
I know dish came out with the hopper this year does anybody know if there are plans to release new HD receivers for just one room or at least updating the software to the new HD guide in the older ones like they did on directv?

But I'd say it quite unlikely that Dish will be releasing any new receivers for a while. The ViP series will continue for quite some time and that might be a more appropriate choice for a single TV.

Older receivers may not have the CPU power to perform well with the fancier new EPG. Except for the ViP922, which already has the new guide.

I know dish came out with the hopper this year does anybody know if there are plans to release new HD receivers for just one room or at least updating the software to the new HD guide in the older ones like they did on directv?
The VIP 211 is their single tuner HD receiver. Adding the external hard drive will get the 10 day DVR guide but that will probably be the maximum upgrade to programming guide. Of course if you want the Directv guide you will have to stay with Directv.

Sounds like no new works for new hd equipment anytime soon for a single room. I kinda figured dish would be about like directv cause directv upgrade their old receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts