New receivers, new contract?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I talked to Directv for another issue and also told them how my genie is slow compared to others and they scheduled a tech visit. I know this is just because I have the older model h34 and told them this. If the tech swaps this out for a h44 will it put me under contract again? Contract is up this week and I will not go under another 2 year contact just for a different receiver.

Depends upon how it's written up. If it's considered defective, then no new commitment. If it's simply an equipment swap, then you get two more years.

Depends upon how it's written up. If it's considered defective, then no new commitment. If it's simply an equipment swap, then you get two more years.

Really it depends on how the work order is set up, if it's set up as a service call than no, you won't get hit with a new 24 months. If it's labeled an upgrade, yes, you'll get another 24 months

Thanks for the replies. This should be considered a service call, said they would send someone to check for any issues. I will be sure to read carefully anything I sign if they do switch it out.

You wont be stuck in another 24 months if it's swapped on a service call.

The only time you would get a new contract is if you were to order a new one at a discounted price.

Just wanted to give an update on my service call. Techs come in, first thing they say is 'You have the first model Genie, we have a lot of trouble with them being slow, we have a newer model in the truck and are going to switch it out". I asked to make sure it wouldn't extend the contact and they said it wouldn't. I will call next week to verify that it didn't, had it happen once before but only added a couple of weeks that time. Also checked signal strength and it was on the low side so they adjusted the dish. I have been playing around with it a little, and it is night and day difference between the HR34 and HR44.

Just wanted to give an update on my service call. Techs come in, first thing they say is 'You have the first model Genie, we have a lot of trouble with them being slow, we have a newer model in the truck and are going to switch it out". I asked to make sure it wouldn't extend the contact and they said it wouldn't. I will call next week to verify that it didn't, had it happen once before but only added a couple of weeks that time. Also checked signal strength and it was on the low side so they adjusted the dish. I have been playing around with it a little, and it is night and day difference between the HR34 and HR44.

How long ago did you get the HR34, has it been out for almost 2 years already ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)