new receivers without $5 per fee...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thomasa1980

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
Is there a way to activate new receivers without running into the $5 per month per receiver fee? It doesn't seem fair that I can have 10 TVs (fictional) at no extra cost with cable, but that would cost me an extra $45 per month with DISH.

Reason is: I'm renovating my house and running coax everywhere. I'd like to keep the dish but I don't want to pay for every TV in the house. Thinking about getting a couple DP34's so I can add receivers to all my TVs and still only have one dish.

I don't mind buying some extra basic receivers (I think model 301 is the basic one), but once again, it's the monthly fee that bothers me....

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

thomasa1980 said:
Is there a way to activate new receivers without running into the $5 per month per receiver fee? It doesn't seem fair that I can have 10 TVs (fictional) at no extra cost with cable, but that would cost me an extra $45 per month with DISH.
Reason is: I'm renovating my house and running coax everywhere. I'd like to keep the dish but I don't want to pay for every TV in the house. Thinking about getting a couple DP34's so I can add receivers to all my TVs and still only have one dish.
I don't mind buying some extra basic receivers (I think model 301 is the basic one), but once again, it's the monthly fee that bothers me....
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas,

If you have cable and require a BOX for the digital channels then yes cable will be charging you for EACH box. That is the same as Satellite, since satellite requires a box for each TV or in some case ONE satellite box for two TV's Dish's new line of Dual Tuner receivers.

Get several 322's the you would only have to pay for 2 extra receivers and you could have 6 TV's connected to 3 boxes and each TV would be able to be able to watch independently. You would only have to pay for 2 extra boxes for 6 TV's, you will also have to connect a phone line to each receiver or you will be accessed an additional $4.99 per box.

John

Last edited:
Quote{It doesn't seem fair that I can have 10 TVs (fictional) at no extra cost with cable, but that would cost me an extra $45 per month with DISH.}

Even with cable if you want anything above the analog tier you will pay a fee per box in your home but if the analog service is good enough you are correct!!

So, there's no way to add more TVs without having to pay for more than the receivers themselves??

How does DishNetwork know that you have another receiver anyway? Especially if you're using one or more DP34s? I guess I don't understand why I can't just add a receiver without telling DishNetwork....

Thomas

I have to say, threads like this really rub me the wrong way. What makes you so special, SO much better and above the rest of us plebes, that just for YOU E* should bend over and waive the additional receiver fee?

We ALL pay for our extra receivers... that's just the way DBS works! In order for an E* receiver to get its programming, it MUST be authorized and activated by the provider. If you just connect it to the signal, all you'll get are preview channels.

Or of course, you could always risk jail and lawsuits and steal the signal.

You know cheebs, I was only ASKING A QUESTION because I don't understand it. You don't have to be such an arrogant !@#%$@#% about it.

Question Answered. :) No need for a flame war.

Remember at SatelliteGuys there are no strangers, only friends you have not met yet. :D

Closing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CBS 2.1 in Chicago...

What is the % of market that HAS to rely on Dish for Locals ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts