Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I found a cool new DISH remote app...

It appears to be created for use in Commercial establishments so that they can control all their receivers using just one device... but it works GREAT for home users as well.

If you have an iPad or Android Tablet search and download DISH ONEPOINT and let me know what you think. :D

This may be the ultimate DISH Remote. :D

Reactions: charlesrshell
I found a cool new DISH remote app...

It appears to be created for use in Commercial establishments so that they can control all their receivers using just one device... but it works GREAT for home users as well.

If you have an iPad or Android Tablet search and download DISH ONEPOINT and let me know what you think. :D

This may be the ultimate DISH Remote. :D
Is there an app for smartphones?

Reactions: bluegras
The first thing I notice is that the remote selects the SD local channel and I haven’t found a way to get it to move up a channel.

The first thing I notice is that the remote selects the SD local channel and I haven’t found a way to get it to move up a channel.
I noticed that also. It appears if you type in the channel number you get the SD version but if you select the channels from the guide you get the HD version.
There is no way to get the OTA channels which is not good.

Reactions: pattykay
I searched through what seemed like hundreds of apps and I couldn't find it. I really want to try it. I want to switch to DISH from DTV at the "office" and an app like that could be a big help in getting it done.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it from public app stores.

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I searched through what seemed like hundreds of apps and I couldn't find it. I really want to try it. I want to switch to DISH from DTV at the "office" and an app like that could be a big help in getting it done.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it from public app stores.

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I just downloaded it. It immediately found my receivers when I opened the app. I linked them and tested the guide...Works great!

Thanks, Scott Greczkowski for sharing.

Looks like the app is phone specific. So that may be why you can't see it at all.

I can't see it in the app store either. When I did a Google search for it, it gave me a link to the play store and I got a pop up that it was not compatible with my device. (Motorola z2 force)

Reactions: TheKrell
Looks like the app is phone specific. So that may be why you can't see it at all.

I can't see it in the app store either. When I did a Google search for it, it gave me a link to the play store and I got a pop up that it was not compatible with my device. (Motorola z2 force)
I don't think it is for smartphones. See post #7.

It loaded quickly on my Galaxy S7, but I don't think I'll use it.

I think it requires Hydra and I will not upgrade my Bolts to Hydra because I think I'll loose download ability to my PC.

It loaded quickly on my Galaxy S7, but I don't think I'll use it.

I think it requires Hydra and I will not upgrade my Bolts to Hydra because I think I'll loose download ability to my PC.

And why would you want to try a dish remote app on a TiVo?
The actual TiVo app does not require Hydra, it works with both TiVo Experience 3 and TE4

I installed onto my iPad. Started out fairly smooth, wanted to link to my HWS, did that and then showed both it and my 4K Joey.
Went to use it with 4K and got notice that it works with hoppers only. Not sure if I have to habe hopper on to use it with Joey.

I like the idea, not sure if the UI works for me. I do need more seat time with it.

Anyone still using this app because I've noticed it doesn't load the guide for me so it basically won't work

Just loaded it on my new T-380 running Oreo 8.1. It's fast and responsive. I ran through it quickly will play later, saw the guide, but it was not populated. Will probably have to wait. Can't wait to see how this works. I have a bunch of places that this could be used and used to move people to DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts